News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any ideas on this ? ? ?

Started by jeffaroo, December 16, 2012, 01:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

im looking for a way to ocilate a relay back and forth with a pot to adjust the speed off of a momentary switch. any ideas ?
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jkokura

Because a switch is not linked to speed, it's a on/off function, I'm not sure what you're asking about. Could you describe what you're trying to achieve?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jeffaroo

two distortions in one box.
a momentary switch that will jocky a relay to oscilate between the two.
want a pot to control the rate that the relay oscilates

i know, sounds wild. thinking outside the box for a new sound

i may just put # 2 on a momentary for a squelch effect
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jkokura

Because a relay is a switch, I don't think oscillation is quite the right word to describe what you're looking for. I think you are trying to describe switching back and forth in a timed pattern, with a speed knob to control the switching speed. The switch will be instant, so like a square wave, not a sine wave, but the rate at which it switches is what you want to control.

I would start looking at digital programming. I'm sure with micro controllers you can achieve what you're looking to do.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

Completely analog:

Split the signal into stereo >
Use a panning LFO >
Place dirt 1 in the "right" channel >
dirt 2 in the "left" channel >
Use a stereo sum circuit to put the signals back to mono at the output.

Optional: Switched left/right output jacks to let the pedal do triple duty, adding a tremolo (just plug into one of the mono outputs into a single amp) and panner (plug into both mono outputs to two amps). As one final bonus, an LFO kill (0 depth, basically) will let you simply run two dirt pedals in stereo.