News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Non-Madbean: Double box o' doom

Started by Axe_34, December 15, 2012, 05:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axe_34

Tight fit, but I was able to get it all in.

Left side (looking at it from the gutshot), EHX 66 Big Muff Pi (the so-called "Triangle" version), right side, EHX 77 Big Muff Pi (the so-called "IC" or "Op Amp" version).

The switch on the Triangle side is a scooped/flat/boosted mids switch.

The enclosure is Mammoth's new Tiger Red Sparkle, although, while nice, is really more of an orange. Goes well with the Orangish-amp nature of the huge sound of the circuits. They even sound good stacked, which I didn't expect.

nzCdog

Sweet build.  Great idea having two flavours of Muff in one enclosure too 8)

mandrewbot3k

Is that a 1590bb or 1790?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

Axe_34

jimilee

So I'm curious,when you put multiple effects into one box,do you wire everything twice on the input and output,or do you wire what would be the out put of the first effect into what would be the input of the second effect?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

You do it on the stomps. So the wire that would normally go to the out jack from stomp one goes to the in jack pin of stomp two. All the rest of the wiring is the same.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Nice build dude.

You can never have enough muff...

DutchMF

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Quote from: juansolo on December 18, 2012, 09:04:44 AM
You do it on the stomps. So the wire that would normally go to the out jack from stomp one goes to the in jack pin of stomp two. All the rest of the wiring is the same.
Thank you
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Axe_34

This is how I wired it up.