News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Which Pots should I use?

Started by blewis0082, December 13, 2012, 10:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewis0082

I'm a bit of a Noob I guess.  I have built several pedals but don't have alot of the really technical know-how.  I'm working on the MB "Cave Dweller" right now and the pots are 50kB.  I want to use 9mm ones as suggested and was going to order them from Small Bear.  Is a would this be a 50k linear?  Which ones do I need?  If anyone has a part number that would be an amazing help.

Thanks!

Hangingmonkey

These are the ones i would use

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=693

But it looks like they dont have the 50kb in stock
Same for the right angle mount ones also.

For info, a- audio/log taper, b-linear

You could try banzai/mammoth/tayda

midwayfair

Smallbear said that they should have 50K in a recent shipment. Not sure when it'll be up, though.

blewis0082

Awesome.  Thanks guys.  These are actually the ones I was going to order.  I just wasn't sure.  Hopefully Small Bear will have them soon.  The Mouser site way too overwhelming for things like this.

jeffaroo

Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

stecykmi

Quote from: blewis0082 on December 13, 2012, 11:44:18 PM
Awesome.  Thanks guys.  These are actually the ones I was going to order.  I just wasn't sure.  Hopefully Small Bear will have them soon.  The Mouser site way too overwhelming for things like this.

i think you can order a free catalog/doorstop. it can really be helpful for looking up parts, often much faster than searching the website.

plus it's huge! they don't make phone books that size anymore, haha.