News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A/B Box with kill switch Help

Started by pryde, December 08, 2012, 03:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hello,

Can anyone suggest/provide a diagram for this?

What I would like is a A/B with a kill switch. Basically I want to hit the one switch to toggle between tuner and the amp AND a kill switch so I can switch guitars without the pop from the amp, all with LED indicators.
Thanks for the help!

Here is a box drawing:

jimilee

Does it mute the signal when you go to tuner?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pryde

I guess if it could then I would not need an extra kill switch.

I want to make sure there is a dead kill when unplugging/plugging in guitars.

jimilee

That's why I was curious,it would make things easier and cheaper. Also my tuner mutes when I activate it. There are so many possibilities.
I was tossing around a similar idea with an a/b switch but with a volume boost and a mute because I have a bass with active and a bass with passive pickups. Beavis audio has some good designs that could be expanded upon.
http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/Looper-Switcher/index.htm
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mandrewbot3k

Youre running a TU-2 and it doesnt mute when you activate it, make? That's odd... Make sure your output jack is plugged into output not the bypass, obviously that jack is probably broken or something, sooooo...

just use two DPDT switchs. One pole for LED, one pole for output.

if switch lugs are:
[][]
[][]
[][]

Kill switch would be
[LED-]  [out to switch2] 
[GND]  [input from jack] 
[GND]  [GND]

Then tuner switch would be
[LED-] [output to tuner]
[GND] [input from switch1]
[GND] [output to normal]
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

mandrewbot3k

Also if you were splitting your chain, you wouldnt need the kill switch because when the tuner chain is active, it's not connected to your amplifier.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

pryde

Quote from: roflcopter on December 10, 2012, 06:55:13 AM
Also if you were splitting your chain, you wouldnt need the kill switch because when the tuner chain is active, it's not connected to your amplifier.

Yes. This.
THis is for a friend, I do not have a TU2. He confirmed a few days ago the TIU2 only requires an input for the tuner to work so I seperate kill switch would be redundant. Already did a basic A/B box with LEDs for him.

Thanks for the help!