News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Musket Fuzz (Blackout Effectors)

Started by pryde, December 08, 2012, 12:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz on vero done for a local musician. He has not seen it, I think he will be pretty stoked.

Basically the circuit is a Civil War BMP with a booster in front. There are a lot of great fuzz tones in this baby. The 6 pot off-board wiring was a pain in the ass and not the cleanest but it works/sounds great. I would like to see a pcb project of this one with board-mounted pots, hint...  ;)

Anyway. A satifying build overall.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

snz728

GhostofJohnToad

Looks nice, looks pretty clean to me. 

What vero did you use for that one?  This has been one I've been thinking about building.

nzCdog

pryde

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on December 08, 2012, 02:53:26 AM
Looks nice, looks pretty clean to me. 

What vero did you use for that one?  This has been one I've been thinking about building.

Here you go. I did not do any mods to it, sounds great as is.

GhostofJohnToad

Cool,  just saw a post on the TDPRI forum of a guy showing off his new musket pedal.

jeffaroo

LOL, the pic looks like - icecycle66    :D
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

bigrigg

Awesome graphics.  Nice job.   I have the Very Special Twosome with the Musket in one half.  Awesome.

pickdropper

I really like the artwork on that.  Rest of it works for me, too.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

Very nice build mate!

I love the look and features of the Blackout stuff (keep on looking for a s/hand Whetstone but no luck so far).

fish22

what method did you use on the graphic?
water slide? Iron-on?
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

pietro_moog

Quote from: fish22 on December 18, 2012, 10:01:02 PM
what method did you use on the graphic?
water slide? Iron-on?

i'm interested too

HailToTheBlues

Hi, i've just finished a musket i'm building for a guy, one from the same layout you have, i came across that site. The thing is, i hear a volume drop as soon as i start to roll the tone knob, and i also find it to lack gain, the original seems more powerfull. Did yours had those issues?

pryde

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on April 30, 2015, 04:39:35 PM
Hi, i've just finished a musket i'm building for a guy, one from the same layout you have, i came across that site. The thing is, i hear a volume drop as soon as i start to roll the tone knob, and i also find it to lack gain, the original seems more powerfull. Did yours had those issues?

Wow old thread resurrected. No that pedal had tons of gain and output, tone controls worked great as well. Has to be an error on your end. Post up in troubleshoot section and maybe we can get it sorted.

HailToTheBlues

Quote from: pryde on April 30, 2015, 05:59:02 PM
Quote from: HailToTheBlues on April 30, 2015, 04:39:35 PM

Wow old thread resurrected. No that pedal had tons of gain and output, tone controls worked great as well. Has to be an error on your end. Post up in troubleshoot section and maybe we can get it sorted.

Ohh sorry, i just noticed when this thread's last post was made, my bad! I noticed more people in the comments of the website where that layout is, complaining about the same issues but no solution, so you could have had the same problems and fixed them or something similar. Thanks for the reply.