News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Skyline - Quasar + Fatpants 2

Started by hammerheadmusicman, December 07, 2012, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

Ok so this is my first build report, it won't be much of a report, more like a few pictures and a few lines of text.. I know the inside isn't too neat, but it was a lot better than the first wiring (the getting it to work before tarting it up phase)

So, basically i've been doing the whole building thing about 6 months, i started with a madbean fatpants v2 which i etched myself, and i still use it on my board, and have built a few tubescreamers, fuzz's, musicpcb tap tempo tremelo, cave dweller, and a few other things. Anyway i've recently started doing more complex things. I tend to etch a lot of stuff, as i like the feeling of having made everything, but i do buy some boards from the bean himself, as i like to support the cause, as Brian does great work (for which i am very grateful as i have learned a lot!) and this is a wicked community (same sentiment as the last bracketed comment!).

So this is a Fatpants v2, and a Quasar RC build. I used a 4 pole Rotary Switch to switch the order of the pedals, in retrospect, it may have been neater to use a 4PDT toggle switch instead, i decided these as apposed to a footswitch, as i'd never really change the order on the fly, and a foot switch would need LEDs to show you which pedal is first, but with rotary or toggle they physically point to the 'first in the chain'.

Enough Rambling!

This is a Inkjet Waterslide, and Krylon Acrylic.. I had an image of a skyline, so i used it!

So this is the assembled article, please excuse the 'nick' out of the word treble, there was a lot of swearing after i did that!! I intend to redo it next tim i have the decal/clear coating operation in force..

Another angle...

So, here it is, the gut shot.. be gentle with me, it's my first build report ;) i know it's not as slick as some of the crazy stuff you guys are producing! Please excuse the 'Tee-Pee'd' resistor, i didn't have the right one to hand, and i'm an impatient kinda guy!

I was thinking of some foam inside the case to hold the boards in place, or some sticky pads to stick them to the back of the pots. So any tips on how you guys fix boards would be appreciated..

Sorry for the mad ramblings..

George

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

hammerheadmusicman

Forgot to mention, this was my first ever attempt with a waterslide decal..

jkokura

Slick! That looks great man. I like it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

snz728

nzCdog

hammerheadmusicman

Thanks guys, that's reassuring, I've some some of your builds and they look great..

Some of the stuff on this forum is really inspiring!

G

midwayfair

I like the rotary as an order switcher ... This seems like it would be a really good tone-shaping combo. The Fatpants gives you an active midrange, just like the RC gives you the "active-ish" treble and bass.

hammerheadmusicman

Thanks Jon. I have a Drawing of how I wired the switching system (I suppose you'd call it that?), would you like it?

I still have a bit of tweaking to do, the fatpants, is a makes the rc a bit too 'beefy', so you have to adjust the RC's tone accordingly, I'd like it so you could switch the fatpants on for extra oomph for a solo for example.. Without have to adjust the tone controls on the rc..

G

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hammerheadmusicman

midwayfair

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on December 08, 2012, 03:22:06 PMI have a Drawing of how I wired the switching system (I suppose you'd call it that?), would you like it?

Sure, post it so everyone can see. :)

hammerheadmusicman

Will do, I'll try and get it scanned in, when I'm back home in a day or two.

George