News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jimmy Page thing

Started by jeffaroo, November 18, 2012, 01:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

in the Page / Plant video "Yallah" Page pulls out some lunchbox sized thing with a slider on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Eo1zFVuWA
what the hell is it? and how do i get/make one ???
:oGOT TO HAVE ONE :o
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

stecykmi

that's an echoplex, a tape delay.

jeffaroo

BraindeadAudio

jeffaroo

Hmmmm...if the Echoplex handle changes the speed. Gives me a idea.
mount a delay in a crybaby and have the foot pod throttle the delay speed, hmmmm
makes ya wonder

hey Brian, hury up with those delays   :o

BraindeadAudio

Echo plex is a legit tape delay. The actual sound is still un matched by standard delays. Some have come close, such as the wampler fauz tape echo... but the wow and flutter is still lacking... Another unit that has recently sky rocketed in value are the Roland space echos. Glad i got mine before the doubling and triple in price recently...350$ to up to 1200$ now.

raulduke

I would love a Space Echo.

You are a lucky dude having one of those bad boys!

Echoplex's are extremely rare.

Nothing really comes close to the real deal IMO (although I personally love the sound of PT2399 based delays).

BraindeadAudio

I got an echoplex too.

I am currently after a roland space chorus unit but those have also skyrocketed.

Running dual amp stacks in stereo on other sides of the room with a Space echo on one side, and an echoplex on the other is always fun.

gtr2

I've been lucky enough to pick up a RE-201 and EP-4 over the last couple of years.  They are not quite as pricey in the US.

I prefer the EP-4 but both tape delays sound fantastic.  I've thought of passing them along because they mainly sit unused, but I have been unable part with them ;)  They have a special quality that is unique to them, but the crowd I play for doesn't know the difference between a tape or digital delay.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

If you ever want to sell/trade that Space Echo let me know dude!

I have serious GAS for one.

Anyone ever tried the Boss digital emu? Does it have any of the Space Echo mojo (I imagine not seeing as it is DSP)?