News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Egodriver/SHO 2-in-1

Started by Axe_34, November 09, 2012, 06:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axe_34

Having owned v.3 and v.4 of the original OCD, I can say the Ego-driver hangs with them and -- with the LED clipping -- is monstrous. I modded it with the 500K gain and 100K volume pots. Greater usability across the entire pots. I also added a volume control to the SHO which, when both effects are on, acts as the master volume.

oldhousescott

Very nice! Simple and classy.

Om_Audio

Very nice. I recently destroyed my OCD and am tempted to build an Ego driver. Post up a demo if you can.
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

nzCdog

Axe_34

Thanks guys. I got to put it through its paces this afternoon -- it absolutely sings through humbuckers into an 18-watter. High-ish medium gain retains clarity -- no mush.

I'll try to record a clip or two this weekend.

wolfingsworth

That looks really nice! The way you mounted everything it looks like siamese twin pedals :) did you try to switch the order of the pedals before you committed to boxing it up?

jkokura

Try running that EGO at 18V, that circuit somehow really works with the extra voltage. Plenty of pedals don't but that one really sounded better for me with the extra, and if you like it now...

How do you find the switching, and what's the distance between the switches? It looks like you could potentially switch both, or one on/off with one stomp with that distance.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Axe_34

I had thought about putting in a switch to control the order, but decided against it.

I have a Naga Viper boost at the front of my chain that I use to add some gain to my ODs. The SHO sits at the end of my ODs to add volume for solos.