News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nother Neptune

Started by culturejam, October 28, 2012, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

It's been quite some time since I fully boxed up a working pedal. Since everybody here is cooling their heels in anticipation of that big friggin storm, I figured I'd finish up a few projects that were nearly complete.

I had the board populated and tested and the enclosure drilled. But my painting/finishing workshop now has a car in it (the garage), so I had to go with the brushed-aluminum / stamp look.

New stuff:

• I'm using new jacks for this build. Dcountry turned me on to some cool jacks that are tiny, and these are the same kind but with standard solder lugs. I also opted for the somewhat pricey metal nuts for the jacks. I think they look cool.

• DC jack is one I've used before, but it's odd as well (and very small). No nut to secure it, you just drill the hole a little bit smaller than it needs and jam it in there. There is a locking tab thing that helps it stay in place.

• The  momentary is one I got in about 2007 from Futurlec. Been trying to find a use for it since then. I think it looks cool and it is hard to confuse with the bypass switch.

Anyway, here she is. (I marked the Time pot with "T <" to indicate the wiring is backward.   ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

culturejam

Shot of the "top" to show off my shiny new nuts.  :D

Pvt. Parts

"Do what you can with what you have where you are" T. Roosevelt

njkke

Really cool pedal!
I like those knobs, where did you find 'em?

culturejam

Quote from: njkke on October 28, 2012, 08:13:56 PM
I like those knobs, where did you find 'em?

Honestly, I don't recall. I thought they were from either Smallbear or Mammoth, but I don't see them on either site. I'll have to look back on my last couple months of invoices to figure it out. I also have some of the same style that are a bit larger. Now I'm really curious.  ;D

nzCdog

Elegant.  The stamping looks nice... black and alloy is always a winner in my book 8)

madbean

I'm liking those knobs, too. Neato burrito!

eldanko

The smiley in the middle  :)
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on October 29, 2012, 12:42:56 PM
I'm liking those knobs, too. Neato burrito!

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where I got them. It's driving me nuts. They almost look like these:

So I'm thinking I got them from Mammoth like a year ago, and now they don't stock them.

I'm going to post a photo of the couple I have left, along with the larger version of the same knob I also have. Maybe if I put it out there more publicly, somebody will recognize them.

culturejam

njkke

njkke