News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus Vactrol

Started by MIM#1, October 23, 2012, 10:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIM#1

I'm in the process of sourcing parts and cant find a VTL5C3 locally [Czech Republic]
Will a VTL5C1,VTL5C2 or VTL5C4 work  ???

madbean

VTL5C2 is okay, but the one listed in the build doc was more responsive, IMO. Actually, the demo I'm going to do is of my single sided Nautilus, which used the 5C2, so keep an eye out for that.

I wanna stress, though: follow the advice on the vactrols in the build doc if at all possible.

MIM#1

^ Thanks alot!, yeah I'll try and find the vactrol that you specified.
Also, I've not wired up one of these 3p4t switches...how do identify which pin is which ???

madbean

Do you have a continuity checker on your multimeter? That will tell you which pins are connected. Where did you get it from....I'm sure there is a datasheet which will tell us.

GermanCdn

Quote from: MIM#1 on October 23, 2012, 10:56:59 PM
I'm in the process of sourcing parts and cant find a VTL5C3 locally [Czech Republic]
Will a VTL5C1,VTL5C2 or VTL5C4 work  ???

Banzai in Germany have the VTL5C3

http://www.banzaimusic.com/Vactec-VTL5C3.html
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

MIM#1

Thanks for the Banzai link . 8)
Madbean, the 3p4t's arent here yet,just ordered them. When they arrive I'll get back on here and ask you how I go about checking them with a DVM.
Thanks you guys!

MIM#1

Ok guys, I wrote to the manufacturer [Hongkongsuperseller] and there is no data sheet available.
So How do I go about finding the pins that I'll need to use ???

madbean

Simple, use a breadboard. Hook up an LED with the negative side going to one of the center poles of the switch. Turn the switch fully counterclockwise. Now test the outside poles by connecting them to ground. When the LED lights up, you have a connection. That's pin1. The next one should be pin2 and then pin3.

MIM#1