News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini Mixer to Mini Headphone Splitter

Started by Ettore_M, October 22, 2012, 02:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

I built mine stock like two years ago and still use it as a mixer for my band rehearsals.  ;D I didn't have any problems with any noise, although I have it in a plastic enclosure.  ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

garfo

how well do you know this circuit?the reason why I ask is because I Want to make some mods.one is to replace the.1 caps with.33 FOR MORE BASS to pass through the mizx.the second one is where i am more perplex.there' a lot of volume dropon my clean channel(i use the mixer to blend clean signal with turbo rat signal).ive read in a couple of places that raising the pot from 10 k to 500 or 1 M and also raise the 100 k to 5 or 10 M would do the trick.well,here is where my doubt: isnt having a 10 k pot followed with a 100k resistor the same as having a 1M pot followed by a 10 M resistor!?ok we are raising the potbut were also raising the resistor ten times more...
Quote from: Ettore_M on February 16, 2013, 08:37:04 PM
I built mine stock like two years ago and still use it as a mixer for my band rehearsals.  ;D I didn't have any problems with any noise, although I have it in a plastic enclosure.  ;)

Hector

garfo

If anyone has something to say about this, please, you're welcome...

Ettore_M

I'm not sure, but this doesn't seem right. This way, I think less signal will pass. Maybe someone who knows better will chime in.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

garfo

Quote from: Ettore_M on February 24, 2013, 12:49:30 AM
I'm not sure, but this doesn't seem right. This way, I think less signal will pass. Maybe someone who knows better will chime in.

Hector
What I think that I've learned is that the receiving pot in this case should be in the same level as the guitars pot, which would be 250k or 500k, and if it's right it makes sense to raise the out put pot from 10k to 500k or 1M if we're talking going to extreme.What doesn't make much sense is that if we raise 10 times more the value of the resistor(this seems to be the rule apparently) how would that make more signal get to the capacitor in order to increase volume.
I might just open a new thread.