News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Purple Wrinkle 666!

Started by GrindCustoms, October 21, 2012, 08:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Well..............another mini! Can't get enough of these....hehe.

Used IvIark vero layout of the Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800, low part count and it sounds terrific!

It's a JRC386/LM386 based circuit, thanks to atreidesheir for helping me with the IC's  ;)

Just have another mini to built to complete a trade deal i have with a guy who runs a used «booteek» pedal store. 4 mini's against 3 pretty cool pedals that i don't think that i would have bought... :D

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

MattOcaster

Really like your signature enclosure style!

Do you do the sanding by hand or with a power tool?
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

TNblueshawk

Very cool and bulbouslicious on the caps  :D
John

GrindCustoms

Quote from: MattOcaster on October 21, 2012, 09:28:38 AM
Really like your signature enclosure style!

Do you do the sanding by hand or with a power tool?

Thanks Matt! Elbow grease until supply lasts.....hehe

Quote from: TNblueshawk on October 21, 2012, 12:52:34 PM
Very cool and bulbouslicious on the caps  :D

It's a tantalumination! ;D

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Battery Acid

Nice pedal! You got some seriously motherfucking big tantalum caps there, huh?
Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

gordo

GC, you're the new face of finishes.  How many of us have buggered up a paint job and sanded it back to get to where this is?  Hat's off, I'm liking it!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

midwayfair

I continue to be jealous of your ability to fit 16mm pots and fullsized jacks in these. Even with a laser sited drill press and a template I'm not accurate enough.

Quote from: Battery Acid on October 21, 2012, 07:05:00 PM

Them's just 47uF. They are pretty big compared to other tants, but they look so cool.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: midwayfair on October 22, 2012, 01:56:52 AM
I continue to be jealous of your ability to fit 16mm pots and fullsized jacks in these. Even with a laser sited drill press and a template I'm not accurate enough.

Quote from: Battery Acid on October 21, 2012, 07:05:00 PM

Them's just 47uF. They are pretty big compared to other tants, but they look so cool.

Hand drill FTW! ;D No joke!

Yeah, they're pretty big, but it's mojolicious! the lead spacing is also to wide for most pcb, i bought quite a big lot of those........got to find place to use them and what is better than a mini with oversized caps..hahaha