News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boss PS-6 Alternatives

Started by angrykoko, October 16, 2012, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

Are there any alternatives to the Boss PS-6 Harmonist?

Been kicking around getting one but would love to check out any competition first.
Just not really finding anything (Digitech Whammy maybe?? cant really tell).

Thanks.
Koko
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

thetrend77

thetrend77

Scruffie

Mooer Pitch Box (and they have a whammy style effect too).
Works at Lectric-FX

angrykoko

Oh man, I'm glad I asked... that Behringer is a great price!
Need to see if i can find one around here.

That Mooer one doesn't seem like what I'm looking for, the smart harmonizing is a must.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

DutchMF

Quote from: angrykoko on October 16, 2012, 07:19:28 PM

Yeah, they are cheap..... Be sure to test it before buying, as my experience with Behringers fx pedals is that they usually come with a whole lot of hiss and noise, free of charge......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GermanCdn

Quote from: DutchMF on October 17, 2012, 05:47:13 AM
Quote from: angrykoko on October 16, 2012, 07:19:28 PM

Yeah, they are cheap..... Be sure to test it before buying, as my experience with Behringers fx pedals is that they usually come with a whole lot of hiss and noise, free of charge......

Paul

Yeah, I'd be careful about the Behringers.   I have had good success with the vintage series in the steel enclosures with the 3pdt, but the plastic ones all died pitiful deaths.   If you're really wanting the PS-6, you can usually find them on ebay, or a model or two back.   Boyds guitar warehouse usually has a couple of used ones on hand.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.