News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Totally Epic Klon Thread of Awesome About Swearing

Started by madbean, October 16, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: juansolo on November 21, 2012, 10:33:51 AM
Oude Kreik is the only lambic I like. But I REALLY like it a lot and will be picking up a crate of it when I go to Spa now someone let me know where to get it. This thread has been most useful in that respect ;)

Is it one specific Oude Kriek you like? I'm a pretty open minded beer drinker but I'd have trouble imaging you wouldn't like all of cantillon's lambics if you like kriek. Another great lambic blender (soon to brew) is 3 fonteinen spelled drie fonteinen in belgium. He makes a really amazing oude kriek called Schaerbeekse kriek, name comes from a really expensive type of cherry. One of the best I think i've ever had. Cost us a good $40 a bottle out here in US but in belgium I'd see it around 10 euro. 3f is in the same little village as oude beersel, a town called beersel of course! It was a cute place i must say  :D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

juansolo

Yeah it's Oud Beersel's Oude Kriek. It's a very sour tasting lambic rather than a sweet one. I'm not as keen on the sweet ones.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on November 21, 2012, 12:02:44 PM
Seems like there is a lot of beer-drinking in my future....  :) Let me know if you go to Zandvoort Juan, we'll arrange a mini-piss-up!

Paul

Yeah there's usually a period where we try and get the Nurburgring the same week as Spa, and if we can't we get Zandvoort. To be fair, with our car I'd prefer Zandvoort as it's not really suitable for running at the ring. If you're small and flexible enough, I'll take you out for a run in the car ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Hmm..it's funny you say that because I've only had that beer once and I found it kinda sweet compared to most of the lambics I usually would enjoy. If you like aciditic, spontaneous fermented beer try Cantillon when you see it. They are the gueze museum in brussels and have set the standard for whats considered authentic traditional lambic.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

DutchMF

Quote from: juansolo on November 21, 2012, 07:41:20 PM
Seems like there is a lot of beer-drinking in my future....  :) Let me know if you go to Zandvoort Juan, we'll arrange a mini-piss-up!

Paul

Yeah there's usually a period where we try and get the Nurburgring the same week as Spa, and if we can't we get Zandvoort. To be fair, with our car I'd prefer Zandvoort as it's not really suitable for running at the ring. If you're small and flexible enough, I'll take you out for a run in the car ;)

Well, that's not going to happen then..... About 6'7" and not to flexable... :( But I'll drink beer anyway!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alanp

There are only a few beers I won't touch... American (heard too many love in a canoe jokes to want to risk it), Australian ("Why does Aus have the beer 'XXXX'?"), Mexican (not keen on Corona), and lambic.

I'm sure it's very nice, I just get a massive shudder at the thought of the beer being fermented by whatever the hell the wind picks up off the ground.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on November 22, 2012, 06:53:13 AM

Paul

Well, that's not going to happen then..... About 6'7" and not to flexable... :( But I'll drink beer anyway!

LOL, not a chance then ;) If you were around 5'7" you'd have been alright. It doesn't help that I'm fairly large so whomever gets in with me has to compensate for that.... It's a very small car ;)

I'd like to say that was a baggy T-shirt. But it's probably not. I don't make friends with salad.

DutchMF

Quote from: juansolo on November 22, 2012, 09:24:19 AM
Quote from: DutchMF on November 22, 2012, 06:53:13 AM

Paul

LOL, not a chance then ;) If you were around 5'7" you'd have been alright. It doesn't help that I'm fairly large so whomever gets in with me has to compensate for that.... It's a very small car ;)

I'd like to say that was a baggy T-shirt. But it's probably not. I don't make friends with salad.

LOL ;) I might be 6'7" but what i take up in vertical space, I lack in the horizontal.... Might be hilarious for other people to see us try to squeeze in your car (looks interesting btw) together! And there might be an issue with size 11 feet..... Cars like yours usually don't have a lot of space in the foot wells! But if you come to Zandvoort, I'll be there, schedule (and wife) permitting. And it does look like a really baggy shirt!  ;)

alanp

If I recall correctly, this is the right thread for random samick and beer...

Old Crow is one of the best bourbons I've bought, in terms of price, drinkability, and taste.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jeffaroo

Quote from: alanp on November 22, 2012, 07:04:19 AM
There are only a few beers I won't touch... American (heard too many love in a canoe jokes to want to risk it), Australian ("Why does Aus have the beer 'XXXX'?"), Mexican (not keen on Corona), and lambic.

I'm sure it's very nice, I just get a massive shudder at the thought of the beer being fermented by whatever the hell the wind picks up off the ground.

Mexicans drink tequila
and everybody knows aussies drink rattlesnake piss
shut those breweries down !

as far as whats in the wind, i just farted
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

midwayfair

I got a Saison farmhouse ale from Belgium for Christmas.

I've never seen a beer with legs before. It was unfiltered and $#%@ing* glorious.

*had to fit the theme in somehow.

DutchMF

Good to see this one revived, enjoyed it loads...  :D My wife and I spent Xmas in Luxembourg where 3 things are very cheap because of the low taxes: fuel, cigarettes and booze! Needless to say we returned home with our car stuffed full! Had myself a few to many yesterday (started with some Chimay Blue, after that too much really good red wine), so I'm nursing The Mother of All Hangovers right now... Well, it's januari 1st, so I won't be the only one!  ;)

Have a very good 2013, cheers!!

Paul

juansolo

Indeed!

Bad news is no Zandvoort this year  :'( Just couldn't get a date that coincided with Spa. I'm a bit gutted about that. However there is a chance of Monza and Mugello in Italy... Hmmmmmmm.

juansolo

Always up for an excuse to bump the best thread EVER. Though with something strangely on-topic. It seems the whole Klon-KTR saga has taken yet another turn.

QuoteI wanted to give you an update on the status of the KTR Reissues, and what
we know at the moment:

1. Bill Finnegan (the creator of the Klon and KTR) is in the process of
choosing a new factory to build the next run of KTRs.

2. He doesn't at this point have one chosen, and will have to go through a
prototyping and testing process with whatever new factory he ends up
choosing before he will resume production of the pedals.

3. At this point he doesn't have an ETA for when that process will be
finished, and isn't taking any official orders from dealers for the pedals
until that process is completed.

4. At such point as he has A)Chosen the new factory, B) has finished is
prototyping process, and C) is ready to take official orders from dealers he
will notify us.

So is Bill the unluckiest man in the world, the cleverest marketing man in the history of stompboxes, or something else?

Ang3lus

maybe he doesn't know/want to handle many of the problems associated with marketing etc...  could be quite a huge headache for the normal people who aren't business men.