News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Totally Epic Klon Thread of Awesome About Swearing

Started by madbean, October 16, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

Now and then, the rather uncomfortable feeling comes to me, that i have missed something obvious. Like as if i never heard of Madonna or Jesus. Or Gibson guitars. Or the CryBaby wahwah.

Now... this Klon thing. I've been playing (and listnening to) music / guitar for 30+ years, but I got into DIY effect boxes just some 6 month ago. And before i joined this forum this spring, i have never heard of this very(?) special box.

So... what is this whole mythicalmystical thing really? Anyone that can point/link me to the beginning of the story, or even care to tell it? Will i finally see the light when i have boxed my yet unpopulated kingslayer pcb?

Anyway... funny reading in this thread so far;)

Cheers. The czech beer is better than belgian!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

juansolo

In summary; it's been hyped to near mythical status due to unavailabilty, the 'creator' mentioning things like the diodes being made from unicorn tears, certain forums proclaiming it the second coming of Jesus, etc, and them changing hands for frankly stupid amounts of money on ebay.

It was ungooped over on FSB and it was found to be entirely replicatable and clones appeared. The frothing masses proclaimed DIYers to be terrorists (I kid you not), our very own mr Bean copping a lot of unwarranted flack from arseholes.

We built it. It was a very good od/boost that goes about doing what it does in some bizarre ways. Essentially debunking the unicorn tears. This sent the frothing masses appoplectic and resulted in a forum-wide case of denial and furthered the anti-DIY hatred. Some people profited from this, some got ripped off, ethics were discussed, shouting occured.

In essence, there was a lot of bullshit. It's a great effect that is worshipped out of all proportion and the Kingslayer does it better meaning we can all move on and talk about swearing and beer again instead. ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Too right....

F*ck the Klon I'm off for a sodding pint... ;D

Vallhagen

Quote from: juansolo on November 05, 2012, 03:46:43 PM
... (I kid you not), ...

Well... thanx for introducing me to the story. A few thoughts and opinions comes to my mind really, but i guess the most of it is said allready... So i choose to join in for some ¤%&=)(/&%¤# and beeeer instead.

W#ho could guess that some 9V battery and a common OPamp could cause this ::)

Chëërs again.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

jkokura

Uh... the CFL Playoffs start this weekend. Go Argos?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jubal81

Quote from: jkokura on November 05, 2012, 08:40:44 PM
Uh... the CFL Playoffs start this weekend. Go Argos?

Jacob

I dunno, the Argos didn't impress me much in the finale. Although, they did't have much to play for.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on November 04, 2012, 09:53:15 PM
Good one! Seriously, I have some defects in my musical taste that can get me in trouble with about every musician out there... And I know it!  ;)

Talking of taste defects. This prompts me to do something that was done on BYOC a couple of weeks ago. iTunes abusers, click on iTunes DJ, change the settings to show the next 25 songs and post them here, warts and all. I copped for it last time for it having Avril Lavigne pop up in mine (I've got worse) ;)

Oh smashing...

Look I like Richard Marx ok.

CurlyMo

Couldn't give a fiery flaming f*ck about mythicalities...D.I.Y. is awesome.

I guess I should start drinking beer, but I have a hard time getting past bourbon on the rocks..."AND I MEAN ICE!!!" ( I know, that's supposed to be scotch, but I can't get into that either). I'm taking notes from this thread.

In reference to beards, I grew one as a work competition to see who could grow the best fake beard (everyone participating had never successfully grown a real beard)...I'm not sure if I won or lost though since I ended up with a pretty nice real beard that I haven't shaved off 4 years, just a weekly/bi-weekly trim. I'm actually not allowed to shave it off even for the pleasure of re-growing it unless I would like to spend 3 weeks on the couch, the Mrs has been very clear about this. My response: "as you wish"

I'm lost on all the sports going on here. The only one I ever used to keep up with is baseball. This is getting quite educational...

jkokura

So totally derailing the topic again...

I just came into an Ipad 2. I would like to get a good case for it, and I'm interested in getting a case with a keyboard built in. Anyone have some suggestions, or some warnings?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on November 06, 2012, 05:50:07 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on November 04, 2012, 09:53:15 PM
Good one! Seriously, I have some defects in my musical taste that can get me in trouble with about every musician out there... And I know it!  ;)

Oh smashing...

Look I like Richard Marx ok.

The Richard Marx is more than offset by Multiple songs by The Sisters of Mercy.  

And speaking of Stabbing Westward, I still have an old Charvel around here that used to belong to one of their former members.  From before they had their brief bout with airplay.  Utterly insignificant, but was a bit of a blast from the past.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

If we are going into guilty musical pleasures...

The first single I ever bought (on cassette... remember those?) was PJ and Duncans 'Lets Get Ready to Rumble' when I was about 8.

For those of you who haven't experienced the delight... please enjoy:

marmaliser

Quote from: CurlyMo on November 06, 2012, 06:21:34 PM
In reference to beards, I grew one as a work competition to see who could grow the best fake beard (everyone participating had never successfully grown a real beard)...I'm not sure if I won or lost though since I ended up with a pretty nice real beard that I haven't shaved off 4 years, just a weekly/bi-weekly trim. I'm actually not allowed to shave it off even for the pleasure of re-growing it unless I would like to spend 3 weeks on the couch, the Mrs has been very clear about this. My response: "as you wish"
Heard it called a clunge sponge last week :)

juansolo

Quote from: raulduke on November 07, 2012, 10:01:55 AM

The first single I ever bought (on cassette... remember those?) was PJ and Duncans 'Lets Get Ready to Rumble' when I was about 8.

Being 8 is no excuse dude. ;)

DutchMF

Quote from: juansolo on November 07, 2012, 03:12:30 PM
Quote from: raulduke on November 07, 2012, 10:01:55 AM

Being 8 is no excuse dude. ;)

I had a good laugh at the video, and then at an 8-year-old raulduke trying to cop the dance moves!  ;)
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

raulduke

Watch us wreck the mic, watch us wreck the mic, watch us wreck the mic.... psyche!

I had the curtains hair do, and the shell suit, but not the dance moves.

I think the shell suit should be made trendy again (espcecially the his and hers combos you used to see around)  ;)