News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Totally Epic Klon Thread of Awesome About Swearing

Started by madbean, October 16, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Quote from: tenwatt on October 26, 2012, 01:41:21 PM
This thread is now about "The Princess Bride".

Did you know that if you put 15 military intelligence individuals born between 1978 and 1986 on night shift that they can reconstruct the entire script from memory in less than 12 hours?

The more you know!

gtr2

What does the princess bride have to do with beards?  :P

I'm thinking of kloning some of the beards in this thread.  I have a special jig setup to make sure the original beard is as good as my new beard.  Hopefully I don't get SM resistors lost in it.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

Quote from: gtr2 on October 26, 2012, 02:23:50 PM
What does the princess bride have to do with beards?  :P

I don't want to disappoint anyone, but the answer to this question has to do with Robin Wright.

DutchMF

Man, I go on a business trip for 2 days and the thread I originally derailed, has been derailed at least 5 more times!  ;D Took me 10 minutes of reading to catch up...... To get you all informed: I cant grow a beard to save my life, so clean shaven, I too didn't know what CFL was until this thread (witch turns out to be quit informative!) and now that I do know, I don't care, as I don't watch sports, ever. The guy with the windmill in his beard is probably hired by the Dutch tourist board and I do think that duck-call making rednecks, with a brand name like Duck Commander, is one of the funniest things I heard in a long time! feww.......

Now let's see how long we can continue this and where it'll take us....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Haberdasher

I trimmed my jaw hair way back a few days ago and now i just don't feel right.  It's like there's a stranger in the mirror.

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

raulduke

How about a Madbean 'Beard-off'.

The winner gets.... ummmm... a can of special brew (they will have to cover the shipping though)  ;D

jubal81

I was a bit taken aback by the violent ending ...

Here's a love song from "Having a Beard is the new not Having a Beard"
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GermanCdn

Quote from: raulduke on October 26, 2012, 03:43:50 PM
How about a Madbean 'Beard-off'.

The winner gets.... ummmm... a can of special brew (they will have to cover the shipping though)  ;D

Are we growing from scratch, or an existing beard?  Reason I'm asking is that next month is Movember (the prostate cancer fundraiser) where the goal is to off course grow the most ridiculous mustache (and possibly beard) from scratch in 30 days.  Last time I participated, my wife matched all my donations just to get me to shave it off early, lol
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

DutchMF

Quote from: jubal81 on October 26, 2012, 03:47:12 PM
I was a bit taken aback by the violent ending ...

Here's a love song from "Having a Beard is the new not Having a Beard"

Hey Jubal, thanks for the cool clips! Really solved the issue of "to beard or not to beard", and got me feeling bad because of my inability to grow a proper one....  ;)

Any ZZ Top fans out here? (If you're not, check 'm out!) Can't believe they haven't been mentioned yet in this facial-hair Thread-o-rama.... Anybody noticed that the one member from ZZ Top who doesn't have a beard has "Beard" as his last name? Frank Beard must be the coolest drummer ever......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

icecycle66

Quote from: midwayfair on October 26, 2012, 02:00:11 PM
Did you know that if you put 15 military intelligence individuals born between 1978 and 1986 on night shift that they can reconstruct the entire script from memory in less than 12 hours?

The more you know!

I did know this.

jkokura

For those of you who have trouble growing facial hair.

(just kidding... you're supposed to laugh)

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jkokura

And another sighting. It might be real, even if it's photoshopped. I think Bill's made a poor choice doing that text on his pedal. I would WAAAAAAAAY prefer nothing at all to that message.

http://axeandyoushallreceive.tumblr.com/post/34298108997/the-long-awaited-klon-ktr-pedal-will-be-arriving

Jacob

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Agreed. Just wierd IMO

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

BraindeadAudio