Main Menu

The Totally Epic Klon Thread of Awesome About Swearing

Started by madbean, October 16, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Quote from: raulduke on October 23, 2012, 10:20:09 PM
'Otherwise it's like sipping super-tasty paint thinner.  '

For that flavour and vibe, I recommend this for you sir:

Special Brew AKA a 'Can of Tramp' as we call it round here   ;)
I prefer tramps central heating  ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

juansolo

Nasty shite that. In my youth I made the mistake of once trying Kestrel Super Strength. Dear god it's horrid. I can only imagine how 'special' Special Brew is...

I tend to make it to Belgium at least once a year for our annual run around Spa. Car is very broken at the moment though (wiring loom is completely melted...), need to fix that before planning anything really.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

culturejam

For that flavour and vibe, I recommend this for you sir:

I was being a bit too harsh. I like the flavor of Duvel, but the finish can be a bit hot/alcoholic at times. Especially as a first drink.

And it's cliche, but I really like Orval. Especially one that's been bottled for a couple years. Once it gets a good funk going, it's excellent. But it can't be too far in the bottle, mind you. I once got a bottle old enough that the brettanomyces had broken down too much of the residual maltose it ended up being more like a weird wine.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

DutchMF

Quote from: culturejam on October 24, 2012, 02:29:50 AM
And it's cliche, but I really like Orval. Especially one that's been bottled for a couple years. Once it gets a good funk going, it's excellent.  

Orval is good, both in taste and in color. When you hold up a glass against some (sun-)light, it's beautiful! Same color as my wife's hair  ;)
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

somnabula

Quote from: juansolo on October 23, 2012, 10:30:33 PM
I tend to make it to Belgium at least once a year for our annual run around Spa. Car is very broken at the moment though (wiring loom is completely melted...), need to fix that before planning anything really.

With "run around Spa" you mean actual running? As I am a runner myself.  :)
I can also really recommend a one day stop in Ghent.
It's my home town, is a little bit like Bruges but not too touristy and has the best belgian beer shop ever!

juansolo

Ooooh no, I'm far too unfit to do running ;) I do this: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/motas/juno14.html

That beer shop is ideal as it's en-route or there abouts for us and it stocks Oude Beesel. Stonking!

Effectsiation

I've never gotten along too well with Duvel or Orval (although I've heard storing one for a few years really does make it great). I think what it comes down to, is that I (like some others here on here ;) ) really like Dubbels.  Duvel is a Belgian Strong Golden Ale, and Orval is a Trappist Ale (which I generally like), but it's of the Belgian Pale Ale style.

When I drink a Belgian beer, I'm expecting it to be strong, and sort of thick with a huge bouquet and almost endless different flavors (think Gulden Draak, which is my favorite).

The Golden Strong Ale, and Belgian Pale Ales are fine if that's what I'm expecting, I just need to know and approach them as such (I didn't even know what they were classified as until I just looked them up).

Ommegang makes a B.P.A. (Belgian Pale Ale), that I really like.

Additionally, I like both Chimay Red and Blue, but never the White (Tripel). I would love to try the Chimay Black (only available at their Abbey in Belgium), but I do fear that with a ~4% ABV, I may be disappointed. I heard it's like a lighter version of the Red anyway.

k.rock!

Talk about derailing a thread! hahaha  :D

Silly me, I thought this thread had 6 pages of people talking about the new Klon...Ah well...who cares...Bottoms up! :D

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

juansolo

This is probably the best Klon thread ever to be fair. Mainly because everybody has already got bored of that and moved on to more interesting things (international swearing conventions and beer).

jkokura

What can we talk about next?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on October 24, 2012, 07:39:12 PM

Jacob

Since we've already covered across the pond swearing differences and beer, let's take it in an entirely different direction.  I'm going with CFL football, and how the Riders will tank it as usual this year.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 24, 2012, 07:51:42 PM

Jacob

Since we've already covered across the pond swearing differences and beer, let's take it in an entirely different direction.  I'm going with CFL football, and how the Riders will tank it as usual this year.

As an Argos fan, I'll agree with you. However, I think BC is coming up with the Cup this year. Should be an exciting Playoffs though.

Being in Saskatchewan is a different exprience for CFL football. It's totally rad to see people who care so much about it. I joined a pool with some riders and stamps fans this year, and it's been a lot of fun because I've followed the Season more closely than I have in the past.

CFL football is the only way to go.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

timbo_93631

Quote from: juansolo on October 24, 2012, 01:04:34 PM
Ooooh no, I'm far too unfit to do running ;) I do this: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/motas/juno14.html

That beer shop is ideal as it's en-route or there abouts for us and it stocks Oude Beesel. Stonking!

Whole E Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do you have a FIA license?  I fall asleep semi-dreaming about driving on tracks like Spa all the time.  Seriously.  Your pedals are always cool, but you sir are cooler.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on October 24, 2012, 07:55:39 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on October 24, 2012, 07:51:42 PM

Jacob

As an Argos fan, I'll agree with you. However, I think BC is coming up with the Cup this year. Should be an exciting Playoffs though.

Being in Saskatchewan is a different exprience for CFL football. It's totally rad to see people who care so much about it. I joined a pool with some riders and stamps fans this year, and it's been a lot of fun because I've followed the Season more closely than I have in the past.

CFL football is the only way to go.

Jacob

Yeah, going to have to agree with you.  I was digging on the Riders only because there are two teams I cannot cheer for - the Riders and the Als.

I bleed Blue and Gold, so my dreams are pretty much dashed this year (still a chance, but it's such a long shot), have to default to the Stamps for my playoff hopes.  Really don't want the Lions to win, because they are a dirty team.  A good team, but a dirty team.  If they lost because of a Khalif screw up, I'd be soooo happy.

Thread successfully derailed again.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Om_Audio

Yo,
I cannot turn off notifications to this topic and it has veered "slightly" off topic for awhile now. Any ideas as to why the notification on/off is not working?
C
Sent via soup cans and string.