News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED Wiring Question

Started by kinski, October 12, 2012, 04:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinski

So I built the following layout below. Its a true-bypass looper with two switches. One momentary and one latching.

I know there is a 0v and TO LED marking, but I still can't seem to get the LED to work. I'd like to use a DC Jack and a 9v battery. Could anyone here please help and let me know how to properly wire up a DC and 9v to power an indicator light with this layout? I've tried a bunch of things and still can't get it to light up!

oldhousescott

Look at page two of Bean's standard wiring doc. On your drawing, the 0v will go to the sleeve connector on your guitar input jack. The To LED is represented by the blue wire in the doc going from the footswitch to the flat side of the LED.

You'll want to use a TRS jack for your guitar input. The FX out and FX in jacks should be TS jacks with shorting contacts. Wire the shorting contacts from the FX out and FX in together. The output jack can be a regular TS.

electricstorm

If you don't get it, this should do it for you.

ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

kinski

Hey thanks, I'll get to this soon. I've been too busy to sit down and work this out. Thanks for all of the help. I'll report back soon!

kinski

Thank you oldhousescott and electricstorm! That did the trick! What a useful pedal this is. Especially the momentary option.