News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

24. MusicPCB Gristleizer (non Madbean content)

Started by Liustucru, October 11, 2012, 08:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liustucru

Hello,
I've finally put together all parts for the Gristleizer.
It's MusicPCB's board. It's a great board but the building process was not so easy.
There's a lot of wires, the project doc is not as detailed as Madbean's or GTR2's.

The waveform rotary switch has a weird behavior since I have oscillations in the first two positions, then 4 "steady" positions and finally oscillations in the next 2 positions. I may not have the good rotary switch. It is from Banzai and the description is very sparse and unusual for me (I ordered a 1x2x6 switch thinking it is a 2P6T ???).
By the way, I ordered new switches and I will perform more tests.

I decided to keep the main LED always wired so it blinks all the time and I added a ON/OFF LED and a bi-color LED on the VCA/VCF switch.

I built it for a synth I have and play with. It is an old monophonic Roland SH1000 and they are already good friends !!!

Here are the pics:

I wanted to do a 2 color enclosure but the first result was not as good as I expected.
So I was about to remove all paint with a sandblaster I have at work and I decided to keep it partially sanded.

mgwhit

I love everything about this!  The multicolor paint/stamp job looks fantastic.

midwayfair

The paint job looks cool. It looks like someone ripped off the outer layer to reveal the knob labels.

This pedal is such a cool project, hope you get it working to your satisfaction. :)

Bret608

The look on this is perfect! The synth knobs are just right for it.

If I remember correctly, this circuit was designed for the band Throbbing Gristle. '80s underground industrial stuff.

monkeyssj1

i built this about 2 months ago. it's a really awesome circuit

lincolnic

bigrigg

cool project!  Any chance of a demo with guitar?  thanks and congrats

Liustucru

Quote from: mgwhit on October 11, 2012, 01:26:39 PM
I love everything about this!  The multicolor paint/stamp job looks fantastic.

Thank you !!! I wanted to make a clean bi color finish but the borders between the colors were not clean at all. I always use the sandblaster before applying any paint or to remove bad paintings. In that case it looks cool and I love it too !!!

Quote from: midwayfair on October 11, 2012, 01:37:53 PM
The paint job looks cool. It looks like someone ripped off the outer layer to reveal the knob labels.

This pedal is such a cool project, hope you get it working to your satisfaction. :)

I'm learning a lot with each project I build. It was my first use of a rotary switch !
The stamps I bought are really cool and Stazon ink is very nice too. Thanks Brian for the idea !!!
It's very difficult to get all letters in line but I think I'm getting better...

Quote from: Bret608 on October 11, 2012, 01:43:39 PM
The look on this is perfect! The synth knobs are just right for it.

If I remember correctly, this circuit was designed for the band Throbbing Gristle. '80s underground industrial stuff.

You're right !!!

Quote from: lincolnic on October 11, 2012, 03:34:22 PM
Make a demo!
Quote from: bigrigg on October 11, 2012, 03:36:43 PM
cool project!  Any chance of a demo with guitar?  thanks and congrats

In my opinion it's really a synth pedal.
I'll try to record something with my phone if I can...