Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny and Low Rider builds

Started by icecycle66, October 05, 2012, 11:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

Enclosures by Rej.

First the Mudbunny, Green Russian type.
This pedal knocked my Metal Muff off my board.   I plan on building another one, maybe Civil War model, to replace my ODB3. And then probably socket another one just to play with.  I have a lot of fun putting this board together.

Also, this is easily my most favoritest enclosure ever. I even like it better than the DoD Meat Box enclosure.

Now the Low Rider.
I built this to work my way towards building a Dirt Bag. 
If there is an easy way to boost the -2 octave I'd like to know.  Otherwise, I like the outcome of the Low Rider.
It sounds really nice pushing behind distortion.

GrindCustoms

Really glad that you like the enclosures, this was such a stressfull moment, i kind of never how they will turn out..........., but seems like it turned out well! :)

The Mudbunny enclosure is just GORE!  ;D

Do the LowRider is yellow like that in real, she was more green-ish when it was here?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

icecycle66

Yeah, the spots are more yellow than green.  They have a little green tint.  The nice part is that the dark color has some deep green.  It's very sickly looking. I like it.

icecycle66

The Madbean LowRider is great on bass.

I just plugged my fiver in and it sounds awesome. 
Demos are coming this weekend, but I doubt my microphone and the Youtube upload would do the gut twisting lows proper justice. 

It tracks great, and...it's just so clear and full.  My yellow Mark Bass speaker were having it put to them.

I think I brown noted myself.

bigrigg

Brown noted.  Ewwww.  Those look great.  Congrats

lincolnic

Those enclosures look awesome, how'd you get those finishes?

icecycle66

Quote from: lincolnic on October 06, 2012, 03:24:19 AM
Those enclosures look awesome, how'd you get those finishes?

I bought them from Grind Customs FX. 

DutchMF

Rej does the best enclosures I've seen here, but that's just my opinion. Have you seen his Master of Drive 2.0 build? It's not funny anymore, that's how good it looks!

@Rej: I've got a place that does trophies in the neighborhood, I'm gonna bother them with my pedals real soon! What kind of file-format do those places use?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

icecycle66

GrindCustoms

Quote from: DutchMF on October 06, 2012, 04:29:32 PM
@Rej: I've got a place that does trophies in the neighborhood, I'm gonna bother them with my pedals real soon! What kind of file-format do those places use?

Paul

Thanks Paul, the place where i do buisness asks for .ai files or PDF that where high resolution at the output.

First try with .ai files and if they can't use them , go with the high res pdf.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 06, 2012, 05:46:09 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on October 06, 2012, 04:29:32 PM

Paul

Thanks Paul, the place where i do buisness asks for .ai files or PDF that where high resolution at the output.

First try with .ai files and if they can't use them , go with the high res pdf.

Rej

THIS. 

.AI format is what I would always recommend as the best choice.  Many things can go wrong with pdf.  Better stored in a vector format.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jalmonsalmon

I just finished a Mudbunny, will post pics later, I screwed up the LED hole, offset a tad but other than that, pedal is awesome!  I socket-ed all of the diodes and transistors so I can mess around with some dirt options, also socket-ed the caps C2 C5 C8 and R23 resistor so I can change them to the Green Russian or some of the other muff variations.
So far I am loving this pedal, great tone and will post a build report later when I can get to my good amp and crank it up!

:rawk:  ;D
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

angrykoko

Oh man I love that mudbunny enclosure.  How did you get it so sludged up looking?

Cool builds man!  THey sound great.
Good job.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

stecykmi

wow those are nasty!

if you want more -2 octave, try decreasing R46. stock is 120k, try 100k maybe.