News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Guitar Center modding pedals?

Started by pryde, October 03, 2012, 03:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

A local guitar center has a "guitar center garage" repair service and they advertise on the local craigslist for all their services which, for starters seams a little odd. (BTW I wouldn't take my guitar there for anything  ::))

Interestingly they are now advertising that they do custom effects and modifications on the add  ???
So the walmart of guitar land now is trying to take over the little boutique builders? I am just baffled with this. I am not sure if it is just the employee there trying to churn some personal business through the guitar center name or if guitar center's are are now offering this type of service.

Anyone have this in their area? Just curious.

stecykmi

no guitar centers here in ontario, but i suspect one of their techs is a little more ambitious than most.

9Lives

There an employ in the back there using the shops resources to do pedal mod under the table. That's why is on Craig's list.. so good boys won't find out lol. If bet my bottom dollar on that.

crashguitar

I would bet that GC doesn't really have a repair department, but that they outsource it to a local repair guy.

lincolnic

Quote from: crashguitar on October 04, 2012, 03:18:32 AM
I would bet that GC doesn't really have a repair department, but that they outsource it to a local repair guy.

This is true. My local Guitar Center does exactly this - I know because an acquaintance of mine was that repair guy. He worked for a separate repair company; Guitar Center hired them.

Munkybot

GC garage is,so far, offering mods to Boss DS-1's, SD-1's, and Tube Screamers. The techs are all in house at most locations.

Rich_S

If you give an infinite number of monkeys a small pair of diagonal cutters and an SD-1, eventually one of them will successfully complete the C6 mod.

OK, he'll need a Phillips-head screwdriver, too.
I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson