News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Omni Phaser (Ross Clone-non madbean)

Started by pryde, October 01, 2012, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Finally boxed this one after tons of tweaking and time on the breadboard. The pcb is a tonepad ross phaser clone. There are a TON of mods for this thing that have been outlined on DIY.

This one features a Width mod which alters the sweep of the phase width from wide to lean. I found this adds another nice dimension to the phaser in that when using the narrow sweep in conjunction with a faster rate it keeps it smoother and less "choppy" getting more of a univibe or fast leslie sound.

I can't say enough about how great sounding and versatile this phaser is. I am very happy with it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

stecykmi

GrindCustoms

Oh! and on top of it it's OTA based! love it!!

Classy look for sure! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Haberdasher

dang, that's a sweet looking pedal.  the colors are making me want some key lime pie.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pryde

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 02, 2012, 02:21:10 AM
Oh! and on top of it it's OTA based! love it!!

Classy look for sure! 8)

Yes indeed. I never really played an OTA based phaser, only phase 45/90 types. I know I am in the honeymoon "phase"  ;) but I gotta say this thing is just outstanding. Really one of the best phasers I have heard. I played this thing for hours tonight and couldn't get enough.

nzCdog

Bret608

+1 on the key lime pie! I like how you did that shaded border, and I'm a sucker for retro fonts like this.

Man, I had looked at this tonepad PCB and was impressed, but was debating whether to wait for the Stagefright. I used to have a vintage EHX Bad Stone. I loved the sound but didn't dig the volume drop. Does this have any problem getting unity gain?

pryde

Volume drop is not an issue at all. The stock LFO feedback resistor is 15k. Bump it up to 22-27k and problem solved. Some have even put a control pot here to dial in a bit of boost beyond unity. There are just tons of mods for this.

I definetely am looking forward to the Stagefright as well but will wait for demos and reports before I would build it cause I'm so stoked with this phaser