Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

de lie delay: a delay pedal based on cave dweller, with a mods

Started by papasaurus84, October 01, 2012, 09:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papasaurus84

dear all,

here's my work on cave dweller pedal. the mods that i do:

1. i add a 1M5 resistor under 750k parallel to it, so it get around 500k.
2. i  bundled a 100n+100n+33n caps under a 100n caps, so the value is about 333n.
3. for that two point above, my PCB going to a upside down forest, like a pirates of carribean III world. :D

here's the pict:

here's the sound sample, recorded plain from ibanez jem333, to de lie and then to smarvo GS15:

hope you enjoy it. thanks. :D
thousand dollars pedal and DIY is a GAS. the diffrence is the voltage: plus and minus. :D

raulduke

Cool stuff.

I like the crayon artwork dude!

What enclosure size is that; looks like a halfway between a 1590B and a 1590BB?

papasaurus84

thanks man. my daughter do that artwork. :D

i use a plastic enclosure and shielded with an aluminium foil that you can find in the market. usually they use this for baking a ostrich or chicken. :D. this cost lot cheaper than the alumunium enclosure. :)
thousand dollars pedal and DIY is a GAS. the diffrence is the voltage: plus and minus. :D

Liustucru

Hello,
great build and artwork.
I was wondering which cap did you increase from 100nF to 333nF ?
Thanks  ;)

papasaurus84

Quote from: Liustucru on October 01, 2012, 03:49:19 PM
Hello,
great build and artwork.
I was wondering which cap did you increase from 100nF to 333nF ?
Thanks  ;)

Thanks for your response, Liustucru.

The 333n is a total value of 3 x 100n MKM and a 33n MKM caps. the 100n is the stock cap on board, and the 100n+100n+33n is behind the board(same surface with the soldered surface). so i say that the board looks like a component forest. :D. for the same reason, i didn't upload the gutshot because the interior of this pedal is sooo untidy. :D

Liustucru

Quote from: papasaurus84 on October 02, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

The 333n is a total value of 3 x 100n MKM and a 33n MKM caps. the 100n is the stock cap on board, and the 100n+100n+33n is behind the board(same surface with the soldered surface). so i say that the board looks like a component forest. :D. for the same reason, i didn't upload the gutshot because the interior of this pedal is sooo untidy. :D

I understand you combined 4 caps to reach 333nF but the Cave Dweller project has 7 caps of 100nF (C1, C4, C5, C8, C11, C12, C15) so I was wondering which one did you change ? all of them  ???

papasaurus84

Quote from: Liustucru on October 02, 2012, 09:19:40 AM
Quote from: papasaurus84 on October 02, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

I understand you combined 4 caps to reach 333nF but the Cave Dweller project has 7 caps of 100nF (C1, C4, C5, C8, C11, C12, C15) so I was wondering which one did you change ? all of them  ???

aaah, i'm so sorry. i mean the C1. :D

Liustucru

Thank you !
I will try that in my next Cave Dweller build  ;)

papasaurus84

Quote from: Liustucru on October 02, 2012, 11:20:11 AM
Thank you !
I will try that in my next Cave Dweller build  ;)

uhm, that will be great for experiment, but if you want to use a real delay pedal, you should try another schems. this cave dweller's circuit is too "chicky" to be linked to another pedals. it's not transparent and too dark(for me). you should try the sea urchin delay. watching the sound sample, that pedal is great. :D

Liustucru

I've already built a Cave Dweller for a friend (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6376.0) and now I want one for myself.
I really like this delay as an ambiant lo-fi medium-fi delay with also great slap back settings.
As this is a really simple circuit, I'd like to experiment some mods too.
So I'll check R1 and C1 on my next CD build.
Thank you  ;)