News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CJ's Game Of Tones Build DOC

Started by GrindCustoms, September 28, 2012, 08:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on February 23, 2014, 05:17:24 PM
Grindcustoms.com. Is that the same board you have?

Yes Sir Yes!

Effdub/Grind Coalition! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Clayford

Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 24, 2014, 05:45:55 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 23, 2014, 05:17:24 PM
Grindcustoms.com. Is that the same board you have?

Yes Sir Yes!

Effdub/Grind Coalition! 8)
Grind,
I think the issue is a missing build doc... Can you help him out?
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

GermanCdn

Pretty sure the build doc is exactly the same for both, so the one on Rej's site will work fine.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Clayford

I tried looking on his site - THe goat is a Blues Breaker board - but I couldn't find a KOT board... Perhaps I'm overlooking?

culturejam

Quote from: Clayford on February 24, 2014, 06:16:10 PM
I tried looking on his site - THe goat is a Blues Breaker board - but I couldn't find a KOT board... Perhaps I'm overlooking?

KOT = Bluesbreaker X2
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GrindCustoms

It's the same pcb layout.. just some part number that have changed i believe... use pcb image as reference.

And yes they are modified BBOD, like Forrest said you'll need 2 in order to make a KOT.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Clayford

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you had stacked opamps, different diodes, and a different gain pot or something for the higher gain side

Perhaps my madness has finally taken over?

GermanCdn

No, I built mine up with different opamps (not stacked) and different diodes and pots, so you are correct, but that was just my own take off of Rej's boards.  But the core BOM is the same.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: Clayford on February 24, 2014, 08:17:59 PM
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you had stacked opamps, different diodes, and a different gain pot or something for the higher gain side

Perhaps my madness has finally taken over?
Yep, on the forums and grind customs, Rej makes some suggestions on how to do it. I stacked them on one side, sounds pretty mean.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Don't know if it's written somewhere, but i also use C250K for the HighGain side that i usually put in front of the LowerGain one, it's stacks better to me.