News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Acoustic-Electric Day

Started by culturejam, September 15, 2012, 02:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

After much hemming and hawing, I ended up buying a Takamine New Yorker that Comfort Player at BYOC suggested. I ordered from Sweetwater and got it 2 days! Those guys rock.

The guitar is slightly bigger than a parlor, but definitely smaller than a dreadnought. As a consequence, its' not crazy-loud, but that's fine with me, as I find playing 'noughts and jumbos to be uncomfortable. The action is nice and low, the string gauge is light, and it's almost as easy to fret as an electric. Out of the box, it was set up pretty damn good. Action is good (as I mentioned) and the intonation is very tight.

Unplugged it sounds very good. Not overly bright, nor too bassy. It's "goldylocks".

Plugged up, I was pleasantly surprised by the tone of the electronics. I'm used to hearing that artificial sound that so many acoustic-electrics have, but this thing sounds almost exactly the same as unplugged but louder. I've played it pretty loud, but we'll see how it fairs in context at my next practice. The built in tuner is okay, but not awesome, but I don't care about that as I have a clip-on that I like. So so far, I'm pleased overall with this instrument.

At first I wasn't nuts about the classical-style tuners, but now I kinda dig it. It's actually easier to tune.

Anyway, here are some photos of the honeymoon:

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Comfort Player

Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

culturejam

Couldn't remember if you posted here and was too lazy to check.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

timbo_93631

Nice little geetar dude.  cool how they put the electronics so they aren't staring you right in the face too.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

nzCdog

Nice lookin axe... I Like the Classical style tuners too, havent seen them before on a steel string :)

gtr2

Nice guitar!

I've got a Tak, different model, but it sounds better than most higher end guitars when plugged in.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Love it! Looks like a fun guitar.

Deed J

She's splendid and very nice color too, congrats !
Just a shadow in a Rock'n'Roll sky