News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

This should be easier than I'm making it

Started by icecycle66, September 14, 2012, 02:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

I'm building a Bazz Fuss for my first vero board project; I figured it would be a good confidence build.
It isn't.  :'(

I'm using the layout below.
My audio probe tells me that the sound ends somewhere in the little black circle, bottom right.
I socketed the transistor, and i've tride a bunch of different ones to no avail. Even tried a different pot, no luck.

WTF?

midwayfair

Well, you SHOULD lose signal at that point. Check against the schematic with your DMM in hand and make sure your cuts are complete.

Edit: Also, be prepared to change your input cap. 4.7uF is HUGE for the Darlington version.

stecykmi

did you remember to cut the traces at the red blocks?

also, the circled area is ground, you should have no signal there.

in order, check the positive side of the 4.7uF cap, the 10k/0.1uF cap node, lug 3 of the pot (at the top of the picture), and finally lug 2 (the middle lug).

Scruffie

That's ground, it would end there. You want sound going in to the opposite lug of the pot and coming out the middle one.

You made the trace cuts, yeah? (The little red squares/dots).

That or transistor orientated wrong or bad switch wiring... or the usual shorts etc. Try running a stanley blade between the vero tracks to be sure.

Edit: Beaten there twice  :D
Works at Lectric-FX

Om_Audio

Good luck! I plan on building one of these soon, be sure to share your results!
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

icecycle66

So...well, I don't know if you guys'll understand this so I'll try to dumb it down for you.

You see, the positive current flow through the electro-pass alternating mechanism, I had a on/off switch instead of an on/on switch and now that I have an on/on it works fine, wasn't, in fact, the recommended level of kilo stage alternation I needed.

;D