News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dory Deluxe - CJ's Neptune Delay

Started by eldanko, September 11, 2012, 12:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

My first PT2399 build was MadBean's Sea Urchin circuit - build report here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3640.0.  In case you missed the joke the first time, I named it the Dory delay because Dory likes to repeat herself.  (yuk yuk yuk)  I ended up selling the pedal a while back (too many delays at the time), and ended up missing it.  Enter the Neptune...

I decided to stick with the same artwork on this one, although I affectionately refer to it as the Dory Deluxe, as it has CJ's added "repeats bend" function, which I put on a switch that will toggle the function of the left footswitch between that and my usual infinite repeats jumper.  I also used another Cusack clickless board in here, which fit nicely on top of the Neptune board.  Wiring isn't the prettiest, but it's quiet and functional.  Top mounted jacks, blue snuffer water enclosure from PPP... voila!

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

midwayfair

I love this! The Dory Delay was the first build of yours I ever saw and I've liked your stuff ever since. That switch is a ridiculously cool idea. I might have to steal it for my next Neptune. :)

pickdropper

That is really a very nice build.  Looks great.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

eldanko

Quote from: midwayfair on September 11, 2012, 01:00:56 AM
I love this! The Dory Delay was the first build of yours I ever saw and I've liked your stuff ever since. That switch is a ridiculously cool idea. I might have to steal it for my next Neptune. :)

Do it!  It's nice to have both functions on there and still fit nicely in a 125B.  There was a moment or two where I considered trying to find a way to combine the two (have the repeats go infinite WHILE being shifted) but ended up not chasing that rabbit.  I think it would be fun to try though... for the sake of cool pitch shifty loudness  ;D

lincolnic

That switch really is a good idea. Would you mind sharing how you wired it up? I have a Neptune board waiting to be populated and I think it would be cool if I could include your mod.

culturejam

:o

Nice! I admire you guys who can cram all that good stuff into a tight box. (har har).  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

eldanko

Quote from: lincolnic on September 11, 2012, 03:13:24 AM
That switch really is a good idea. Would you mind sharing how you wired it up? I have a Neptune board waiting to be populated and I think it would be cool if I could include your mod.

Why soitenly.  I'm 90% sure those are the lugs you join together on the feedback pot, but you might want to jumper em with a lead or something just to be sure.  I always forget which ones I soldered...

lincolnic

Thanks! Looking forward to trying this out.

Om_Audio

Cool! I just ordered this pcb and want to add your mod.
I don't fully understand it though- it uses the stock feedback pot? Does the picture you posted not show the FB pot wiring to the pcb or is it a separate pot? i don't see any extra pots in your build photos.
Thanks-
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

GrindCustoms

Really nice again! I really loved the first Dory you did, this one is as perfect! :)

Quote from: Om_Audio on November 06, 2012, 07:15:26 PM
Cool! I just ordered this pcb and want to add your mod.
I don't fully understand it though- it uses the stock feedback pot? Does the picture you posted not show the FB pot wiring to the pcb or is it a separate pot? i don't see any extra pots in your build photos.
Thanks-
C

The infinite repeat mod is all about simple, with a SPST or SPDT NO Momentary, you connect 1 lug of switch to Lug 3 of Feedback pot and the other switch lug to Lug 2 of Feedback pot  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Wow!  Awesome build... I had to double take as I remembered your last Dory delay... equally impressive 8)

Om_Audio

I will sort this out once I build it, for some reason suffering brain freeze! thx
:)
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

eldanko

Sorry for the late reply... nutty week.  Nevertheless, GrindCustoms nailed it regarding the repeats mod.  As long as the momentary switch is depressed, it's as if you've cranked the Feedback pot to 100%.  As soon as you release, the oscillation stops.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Pvt. Parts

I like the nice clear look and the deep blue + nice packing

This remembered me about "whale talk" like the song from Pearl jam-Whale Song... BTW what pedal dose he use in that song?
"Do what you can with what you have where you are" T. Roosevelt