News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole: general tech questions

Started by shay1510, September 06, 2012, 11:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shay1510

Hey guys,
Before I start I have to say that my knowledge about this stuff is not that good (yet :)) .
I'm working at the moment on the LOOPHOLE project, and wanted to be sure of some stuff
before I solder the components:

1. Capacitors: I know that one should usually choose a voltage rating of 16v-35v. I've used voltage 
    ratings between 16v-100v. I assume that it's not a problem, right?
2. Capacitors 2: I've used some ceramic caps instead of polyester film caps (according to the PDF's picture)
    I know that in general ceramic is the least favorable type, But should it work?
3. Regulator: I've got a 7805 but it seems a little big. I can also see from the picture in the PDF that
    maybe a 78l05 is being used. Which one to choose?
4. The layout diagram shows that there are two jumpers underneath the IC's. I just solder them as the   
    diagram shows? maybe it's better to put them on the opposite side of the PCB?

Thanks U for your kind help.

sgmezei

Hey Dude!

1. Those caps are fine. Most people go with the lower voltage rating just for the sake of size.

2. Those caps will work. This is a "lo-fi" type of looper so you won't be able to tell a difference for those couple caps.

3. Either regulator will work but you have to check the pinout. The smaller one is what is used for this build.
I believe the larger one you have to flip the orientation (I need to check on the this).

4. I would put the jumpers on the component side of the pcb. That way you can just use snipped off leads from other components.

shay1510

Sgmezei, U're the man!
Thank u so much.
Will post some pics/video once it's done.

sgmezei