News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spaceman Delay - MN3205 Aquaboy

Started by eldanko, September 05, 2012, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Having been inspired by TenWatt's AWESOME creation earlier this year (seen here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=4052.0), I simply had to have some similar artwork on my board...

I built this up on an Aquaboy board that MadBean graciously passed along to me during last year's holiday PIFs.  Took a little bit of tweaking to get her working... and even more to get the repeats semi-clean... but it's turned out to be the perfect little slapback that I wanted it to be!  Repeats are still not totally clean, but it's working fine for its intended purpose.  Top mounted jacks, infinite feedback switch (I like noise), and a Cusack clickless bypass board.

Thanks MB and others who helped me in the tech help forum on this one.  Great to have it working!

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

midwayfair

The Indespensible is my bedtime reading at the moment. The lettering on this is just perfect. Did you cobble it together from different comics or is there a font out there that just really looks like Waterson's lettering?

eldanko

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

Lovely stuff mate.

The graphics are sweet.

bigrigg

Cool.  I keep waiting to hear the Muppets line "P i g s in S p a c e"

Bret608

Cool--is the little blue PCB on top of the switch for the infinite repeats? Or is it part of the Cusack bypass? I do see it says Cusack on it.

Anyway, looks great!

eldanko

Quote from: Bret608 on September 06, 2012, 07:08:00 PM
Cool--is the little blue PCB on top of the switch for the infinite repeats? Or is it part of the Cusack bypass? I do see it says Cusack on it.

Anyway, looks great!

That is indeed the Cusack bypass board.  The SMD parts on it make it one of the more compact ones I've used.  I also like being able to use bi-color LEDs from time to time.

For the infinite repeats, I just connect lugs 2 and 3 (IIRC) on the feedback pot to a soft switch.  On this particular delay, the feedback comes on VERY quickly when doing that.  I believe I've read about adding some diodes in the loop to cut down on the volume when that happens... perhaps one of the wizards here can chime in with more specific instructions on how to do that!

mgwhit

Nice build!  And thanks for pointing out the Cusack clickless bypass board -- I hadn't seen that one before.

How are you using the bi-color LED?  Didn't catch that.

eldanko

Quote from: mgwhit on September 06, 2012, 07:53:19 PM
Nice build!  And thanks for pointing out the Cusack clickless bypass board -- I hadn't seen that one before.

How are you using the bi-color LED?  Didn't catch that.

Yellow = Off

Blue = On

Sort of confusing at first to have the LED always on one way or another... but looks pretty neat once you're used to it  :P

mgwhit

Cool.  Yeah I recently made a channel selection LED active even when the effect was disabled, and it confused everyone.  Except me.  ;)

nzCdog

bigmufffuzzwizz

I like it very much. You really crammed a lot in there. It barely fits.. :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TNblueshawk

John