News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Geeks United is up and running!

Started by culturejam, August 26, 2012, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

http://pedalgeeksunited.com/

Go check it out. BYOC user Bassman worked hard getting the site up and running, and put in place one HELL of a legal disclaimer and terms of service.  :lol:

It's essentially a repository for all manner of schematics and layouts (and also wiring diagrams), with a focus on Eagle CAD files. But any file type is fine, so long as it relates to effects, amps, guitars, and the like. Uploaders can specify if they want the files used only for non-commercial purposes, or you can open it up to anything. Your choice.

It's not a forum, but some level of discussion can take place.

I've already uploaded some stuff, and madbean has as well (along with jimmybjj).

So go on over and sign up.   :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

murdog47

Wasn't able to get in...looks like its down  :-[

Bassman

It's not down, you just needed to validate your account via your email.  I went ahead and took care of that for you and you should have no trouble logging in now.

jtn191

I'm signed up! just uploaded an .sch file of an LPB-1  ;)

and some info I collected on Big Muffs!

Mike @ Rawkworks

sick! i've only got about 8 projects but this looks like fun!
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

juansolo

Hmmm, think I must have put in the wrong email address or something as I've got no confirmation e-mail :(
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on August 27, 2012, 09:59:02 AM
Hmmm, think I must have put in the wrong email address or something as I've got no confirmation e-mail :(

Juan, look in your «spam» mail, the confirmation may have fallen there....., it's what happened to me ;)

This «collectivo» is really neat and fully backed legally, I feel like there's alot of great things to happen over there! :)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

night-B

Same problem here! No mail received...

Edit : gmail sent it to the spam directory. Thanks for the tip!

gtr2

Did you guys get the confirmation immediately?  Mine's not even in the spam bin

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bassman

Quote from: gtr2 on August 27, 2012, 12:15:45 PM
Did you guys get the confirmation immediately?  Mine's not even in the spam bin

Josh

I went ahead and validated you two.  You are now free to roam about the site :D

Same with a few others.  I you had registered in the last 6 hours or so your account should be activated now. 

Gmail it appears is going to be a pain in my arse as far as the verification mails go.  Just did a google search of the issue and there doesn't really seem to be much I can do about it on my end other than add a note in the registration form to add admin@pedalgeeksunited.com to the safe sender list.

Vallhagen

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

gtr2

Quote from: Bassman on August 27, 2012, 12:26:52 PM

Quote from: gtr2 on August 27, 2012, 12:15:45 PM
Did you guys get the confirmation immediately?  Mine's not even in the spam bin

Josh

I went ahead and validated you two.  You are now free to roam about the site :D

Same with a few others.  I you had registered in the last 6 hours or so your account should be activated now. 

Gmail it appears is going to be a pain in my arse as far as the verification mails go.  Just did a google search of the issue and there doesn't really seem to be much I can do about it on my end other than add a note in the registration form to add admin@pedalgeeksunited.com to the safe sender list.

Thanks!

yahoo mail must be causing a problem as well  ???

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

murdog47

Thanks! I never got a validation email either...comcast.net

angrykoko

mildly off topic but thought I'd ask before I invest too much effort.

Putting together parts orders across multiple projects is a PITA.  I'm always afraid I'll miss something and then .. there's that 6.00 shipping charge again.  So that's the main driver for this.

I've been thinking about building a site that was more focused around BOM's and ordering parts.
Something like mouser "projects" but with no vendor dependency.

You'd be able to create a project.
Add link's to the schematics & layouts and board ordering (not embed them, just link to the websites).
Add or import the parts and quantities, even be able to mark things as "optional" or "Mods".
Keep them private or share.

Then when you wanted to build a project or a couple of different projects the site would pull everything together so you would get a "super" BOM for all selected projects and quantities.

I have more ideas for features floating around for this too.. but, anyone think the basic idea sounds useful?

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

juansolo

Quote from: night-B on August 27, 2012, 11:25:36 AM
Same problem here! No mail received...

Edit : gmail sent it to the spam directory. Thanks for the tip!

Yep I assume that's what happened to me too (another gmail user).

Cheers, I'm in.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk