Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Geeks United is up and running!

Started by culturejam, August 26, 2012, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Quote from: rullywowr on May 14, 2013, 05:02:55 PM
Quote from: croquet hoop on May 14, 2013, 03:57:43 PM
Bump. Is it still possible to register? Whenever I try, I get the message "Sorry, the selected image is not correct". I retried a few times in case I really misread the captcha, to no avail. And nothing in my spam folder either.

Same here.  I get the same message and tried the captcha at least 5 times.

it happened exactly the same to me
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GhostofJohnToad

jighead81

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

bcalla

I can't create an account - I think the problem is the image validation.  I have tried several times and always get "Sorry, the selected image is incorrect".

brejna

Same thing with me, I did have problems like this also when I first try to register on MB forum..

TNblueshawk

Hey Forrest have you heard from Bassman? He dropped off the face of the Earth at BYOC after posting heavily and in the middle of building stuff and giving updates. Then poof. 

This question may be off the subject or it might be right on, I'm not sure.
John

culturejam

Haven't heard from Bassman in a while. But he's in the Navy, I think. So maybe he's on deployment.

I think I've managed to turn off the Captcha. But now I'm worried the spam will get insane. I guess we'll see.

RobA

Which captcha system were you using? The SPAM problem is huge if you can't get some system in place. I've used reCAPTCHA a bit it it seems to be pretty good. It's worth a try if you can use it in your interface and assuming it's not the one you were already using,

http://www.google.com/recaptcha
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

culturejam

There actually two different Captcha plugins activated. I turned them both off. One is v1.8 and the other is 2.0, which is this:
http://community.elgg.org/plugins/721250/2.0/image-captcha

Maybe I'll just leave 2.0 turned on. But honestly, there are already about 100 spam bot accounts, and I've deleted 75 or so myself (a few months ago). I didn't install/choose the system, I'm just an admin that Bassman added to help out. I can install/uninstall plugins and whatnot.

jimilee

There used to be a plug in called saber that I used when I had my site,but i forget what it dos,or how it prevented spam bots I should say,but it worked really well.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: culturejam on May 16, 2013, 12:02:23 AM
Haven't heard from Bassman in a while. But he's in the Navy, I think. So maybe he's on deployment.

I think I've managed to turn off the Captcha. But now I'm worried the spam will get insane. I guess we'll see.

Hmmm, I was thinking he was out but I'm probably confused with Frag Magnet.
John

ch1naski

Huh, I only just now heard about this site.
Registered!

Pretty cool, I just started goofing around with eagle, it will be nice to pick apart things to see how it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

croquet hoop

Thanks Culturejam, I have been able to register.

wgc

No problems registering, but many of the files don't download properly,  might just be me, but assuming there's others with same issue?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings