News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

This is brilliant

Started by madbean, August 24, 2012, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

icecycle66

I don't even like or want a trem, but I might make that just because it looks fun. 
I see a gift in some guitarist friend's future.

jtn191

awesome! I like the concept so much more than how it actually sounds  :P

midwayfair

Pure insanity.

however, I just want to say, I probably would have used a fan instead of a disc, and pointed it up at me to keep my legs cool while playing.

JakeFuzz

Quote from: midwayfair on August 24, 2012, 02:31:54 PM
Pure insanity.

however, I just want to say, I probably would have used a fan instead of a disc, and pointed it up at me to keep my legs cool while playing.

Haha, or a fan to blow your hair back like Steve Vai on stage!

night-B

Really cool idea, I think I'll give it a try!

culturejam

That's awesome. Come on, Brian, we need that as a new madbean project.  I think it would rule in a vibe circuit.

Man, that's a way-complicated way to make an LFO.  ;D

Nerdy nit pick: The guy says the LDR gives more resistance with more light, but it's actually the opposite.  :-X
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Micpoc

Super cool. I wonder just how different the various optical discs sound in use, though.

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on August 24, 2012, 03:52:12 PM
That's awesome. Come on, Brian, we need that as a new madbean project.  I think it would rule in a vibe circuit.

Man, that's a way-complicated way to make an LFO.  ;D

Nerdy nit pick: The guy says the LDR gives more resistance with more light, but it's actually the opposite.  :-X

That was pretty much where my brain went: phaser or vibe.

I actually should have just the part to do something like this. Gonna check in the shop today.

culturejam

The spinning light disc + PT2399 could make for a really cool EchoRec workalike.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimijam

I like the double sided tape bit to keep the switch from spinning. that will get some use.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

jkokura

I liked the feature that allowed you to switch the direction of the disc's rotation based on the direction of the switch. On-off-on... cool idea indeed. Too simple of an effect, and not practical for a guitarist's board, but I'd totally be down with help in development.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

The trick here is to use a small PC fan like midway implied. I know I have one around here somewhere. I have a proper potentiometer to control the fan, leftover from my last PC build. If you are willing to do without the interchangeable discs, and just use the fan blades it could be mounted inside an enclosure on a PCB. It could be badass or suck...I'm kinda jazzed to explore the idea regardless.

jubal81

Since it's unlikely to sound great/better than other trems, I'd be tempted to put the "whirligig apparatus" on the outside just for the cool factor.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

bigmufffuzzwizz

I think it could easily be integrated as a stutter pedal also, unless that could be done with trem..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals