News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal storage and transport

Started by juansolo, August 23, 2012, 07:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Here's a question for you; does anyone know of anything suitable for the storage and transport of a large number of pedals? I'm not talking a pedal board here (there's far too many), I'm thinking of some sort of flight case with inserts or something.

I'm rapidly running out of space in a set of drawers that they mostly live in. That and I occasionally need to take them places for people to have go with.

Any ideas?

Given the numbers involved I suspect I might need a couple...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jkokura

3"x4"x6" boxes with bubble wrap. I bought stuff like that for shipping, but it would work well for storage. Each box can be labeled and carried in a box, or stored on a shelf/in a drawer.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

night-B

You can grab cool wallets for the cutlery or at craft stores some tools wallets. They are filled with foam you can cut to adjust it to the size of your pedals, plus they often look like the racks used by bands for touring!

juansolo

Was thinking something more along the lines of a couple of large photographers cases with inserts to take all my pedals. I suppose there are flightcase peeps that could make something, but likely at an impressive cost.

jkokura

Ah, but if those flightcase peeps can do it, so can you. DIY?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Plano makes a fishing reel case, it's big enough to store about 6 - 10 pedals depending on the size, and comes with egg carton foam inserts.  They're $20.

http://www.cabelas.com/fishing-reel-cases-plano-reel-case-1.shtml

I originally bought it to hold reels, but it does a nice job for moving pedals.  And much cheaper than DIY'ing it.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Guitafuzz

you can DIY something like this ......

irmcdermott

you could also pick up a Pelican/StormCase and cut the foam yourself

juansolo

Quote from: GermanCdn on August 23, 2012, 05:59:21 PM
Plano makes a fishing reel case, it's big enough to store about 6 - 10 pedals depending on the size, and comes with egg carton foam inserts.  They're $20.

I originally bought it to hold reels, but it does a nice job for moving pedals.  And much cheaper than DIY'ing it.

I'd need about 8 ;) I have a lot of pedals to store  :P

Looking at the price of Pelican, I think I might be better off DIYing  :o

nzCdog

Oh man Pelican cases rule... used them in my last job absolutely travel-proof, almost bullet-proof tbh... but the price reflects that.  I'm gonna build a big pedalboard like Paul did here

GermanCdn

Quote from: juansolo on August 23, 2012, 08:17:08 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on August 23, 2012, 05:59:21 PM
Plano makes a fishing reel case, it's big enough to store about 6 - 10 pedals depending on the size, and comes with egg carton foam inserts.  They're $20.

I originally bought it to hold reels, but it does a nice job for moving pedals.  And much cheaper than DIY'ing it.

I'd need about 8 ;) I have a lot of pedals to store  :P

Looking at the price of Pelican, I think I might be better off DIYing  :o

Sorry, I misinterpreted your statement on the pedal board and far too many.

What I use for that problem (I have about 120 pedals right now) is this

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky-27-in-cabinet-5-drawer/913443

Actually thinking of getting a couple more.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Now that's something I hadn't thought about. They're currently all just stacked in a set of drawers. I have no idea what's in which so finding what I want is a pain. I'm quite liking that though. Line the drawers with some foam... Definite possibility.