News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeydripper Whistle, no dipthonizing

Started by geekmacdaddy, August 22, 2012, 02:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekmacdaddy

Title says it all. I tried a different charge pump (LT1054) both new, same result. There doesn't seem to be any solder bridges, as I inspect under magnified lamp, but my eyesight is suspect. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

madbean

I would start with some voltage readings and make sure you are getting proper power to the correct places (i.e. the 18v and 10v supplies). Also, are you confident about your 3080s? I know at least one person had an issue with either fakes or bad ones bought online.

Any audio through at all?

JakeFuzz

Quote from: madbean on August 24, 2012, 06:17:42 PM
I would start with some voltage readings and make sure you are getting proper power to the correct places (i.e. the 18v and 10v supplies). Also, are you confident about your 3080s? I know at least one person had an issue with either fakes or bad ones bought online.

Any audio through at all?

Yep, I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. My problem turned out to be a batch of bad CA3080's from a Chinese ebay seller. Which supplier did you use for your 3080's? That may be the issue. I would lift pin 5 on both chips to see if you get any audio passing through.

geekmacdaddy

geekmacdaddy

These are what I had in....

I'll order some small bear CA3080AE's...(along w/some extra 18v lamps, Brian.  ;D )

geekmacdaddy

Ok, had 2 others of the same IC's laying around. Swapped them out, now to of the vowels work, without whistle and 2 don't work and have whistle. Gonna have to believe the CA3080's  are the culprits in the circuit. Thanks Fellers.