News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Increase Boneyard Gain

Started by njkke, August 15, 2012, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njkke

Hi guys!
I'd like to increase the Boneyard gain, I used an 1M pot for the Hi-Gain mode but it seems not to sound as Heavy Metal Gain! :)
Thankfully it doesn't squeal even if I didn't use shielded wire, so I think I can increase it a bit without any noise issue...

pryde

Not enough gain  ???

Are you sure you have used all the correct values? Honestly you should be getting serious gain if all is right. One thing to consider is the Boneyard's "flavor" of gain is cranked marshall with strong mids. If you wan't a scooped-metal sound this is probably not the pedal, maybe try the chunk-chunk.

mgwhit

Quote from: pryde on August 15, 2012, 09:17:56 PM
One thing to consider is the Boneyard's "flavor" of gain is cranked marshall with strong mids. If you wan't a scooped-metal sound this is probably not the pedal, maybe try the chunk-chunk.

What he said.

njkke

double-checked all values! The gain is fine, but the crunch-box I built years ago had more gain, and I think the boneyard can reach it too... Well when I think at marshall amps I think at Slash sound...  My boneyard has a little less gain but I think it's working fine
I already have a Chunk Chunk... Endless sustain! ;)
(my english sucks... Sorry)

stecykmi

try putting a resistor in series with the hi-gain pot. you'll have to experiment to find a value that works for you, but start at maybe 100k and go up from there.

mgwhit

Quote from: njkke on August 15, 2012, 10:04:18 PM
double-checked all values! The gain is fine, but the crunch-box I built years ago had more gain, and I think the boneyard can reach it too... Well when I think at marshall amps I think at Slash sound...  My boneyard has a little less gain but I think it's working fine

I can't compare it to a Crunch Box, but a Boneyard with stock specs should have more gain than Slash can wrap a snake around.