News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rubadub reverb new build

Started by hoodoo, August 08, 2012, 04:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day Madbeaners, Matt here,
Here's build number 4, 3 was a vero Timmy that went straight to the pedal board, sounds great. This is a pretty great reverb also, short brick used, spot on for what i need. One thing i would change if i did it again, would be to leave the resistor that ups the volume as standard in the BOM, because i changed it to 15k, i think and when the effect is turned on there is a big jump in volume, no biggy, volume knob on guitar fixes that.
I learnt a couple of things in this build ie: if using a board mounted pot attach that before the reverb brick, which i did not, hence the wires coming off the board. I also received the reverb module with bent pins, and these do not straighten out without breaking aaarrgghhh F$#K was pretty much how it went LOL, but i managed to reattach thankfully.
First go at waterslide decals, not bad i thought for a first go, did a buzzsaw at the same time, build report to come, not as happy with the way that turned out.
Not related to the build but thought i would include it anyway, a picture of the little workstation i've made, old bit of wood,gooseneck mic stand and second hand dremel vice make things so much easier.

Thanks to Josh for a great sounding pedal and very worthwhile project

Stay Cool, Matt.

gtr2

Looks great!  Love the name.  Don't forget, the great thing about fabbed boards is the ability to solder on both sides.  You can solder the pot from the underside.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mgwhit

Cool build!  I am, however, closing this page immediately so that my wife doesn't see how neat your workspace is.   :P

LaceSensor

Really nicely done.
Great work space too. Jealous of that!

pryde

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 08, 2012, 04:22:06 PM
Really nicely done.
Great work space too. Jealous of that!

Ditto.

I plan of doing some serious workspace organization soon. Mine is just horrible.  ::)

hoodoo

G'day to all, thanks for the kind words, really impressed with the sound of this one, if you haven't built it you should.

I've got to admit, i did have a bit of clean up before the photo heheh, keeping in mind i'm a noob though, and i'm sure in time it won't look like this.

"Solder the pot from the underside" DOH!!! never thought of that, oh well live and learn.

Take it easy, Matt.

nzCdog

Love it! man that knob looks awesome 8)