News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Not feuding with the neighbors (sigh)

Started by midwayfair, August 03, 2012, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Quote from: culturejam on February 20, 2013, 06:35:33 PM
He's living next to a couple of ne'er-do-well douchebags that are, quite likely, behaving in a way that would legally be classified as harassment. They are making false claims to the police, which is generally a no-no.

I do want to specify that this is really the only major issue I've had with them. They're otherwise nice people. he was an elementary school principal. Maybe he's just used to getting his way. (He's retired now; not sure about his wife.)

pickdropper

I think we would all likely agree that a compromise is best if it is possible.  If they are willing to meet you halfway, then things could be neighborly.

To a certain extent, I would also understand if he was cranking up his Marshall half stack constantly as well, but this is very far from that.  If their wish is that he never play music ever, well, I think he isn't going to be able to make them happy.  As others have said, this isn't even close to the noise ordinance limits, so he really isn't obligated to stop playing, it's only if he wants to be accommodating.  But compromise, by nature, isn't single-sided.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

I feel your pain, I can only play for about 15 minutes so the neighbors don't call the cops, usually it's through my ipod touch, but my band rehearses twice a week elsewhere so I get to play still.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

An old retiree can be difficult to deal with.  They can be stubborn if they don't get their way and they unfortunately have a lot of time on their hands.

That said people tend to be more reasonable face to face, so go talk to him.  Maybe talk to him and his wife together.  A pocket recorder wouldn't hurt just in case things go south on you.

I'm sure they can hear kids outside or cars driving by... Are thy going to stop that too?

If the guy is hellbent on being a douchebag... I would start messing with him.  a bully will bully as long as you let him,  but there are more reasonable approaches if that's your thing

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on February 20, 2013, 11:42:56 PM
An old retiree can be difficult to deal with.  They can be stubborn if they don't get their way and they unfortunately have a lot of time on their hands.

That said people tend to be more reasonable face to face, so go talk to him.  Maybe talk to him and his wife together.  A pocket recorder wouldn't hurt just in case things go south on you.

I'm sure they can hear kids outside or cars driving by... Are thy going to stop that too?

If the guy is hellbent on being a douchebag... I would start messing with him.  a bully will bully as long as you let him,  but there are more reasonable approaches if that's your thing
This!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BraindeadAudio

JakeFuzz

Quote from: BraindeadAudio on February 23, 2013, 05:05:13 AM
Or, This... I'm terrible.

Um a Bigsby on a flying V... That is awesome. How is that possible?

BraindeadAudio

Look at the bottom of the body, theres a custom brace between the points allowing it to work. I ve never seen one in person but if I recall correctly, there are a few out there that have them. This guys collection of gear is nuts.