News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

pork barrel LFO led issue?

Started by pappasmurfsharem, July 20, 2012, 02:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappasmurfsharem

EDIT: I originally typed this on my phone, so I edited for autocorrect issues.

Just completed my pork barrel.

I can't fully test it on an amp but I plugged it into my itouch and used the Jamup app (amp simulator).

It sounded pretty good, but the LED doesn't blink at a constant rate with the chorus, instead kind of pulsates in an up up down, up up down fashion. The video I saw on YouTube it has a constant flash speed based on the rate pot position. Is that normal?

Also when both knobs are fairly high it has a fairly garbled detune sound (yes a chorus is basically a "detune" effect but when the knobs are high it's fairly ugly sounding) would that be a result of using the cool audio IC's?

I can however turn the rate max and lower the depth and it sounds nice, the opposite is also true if I max the depth but turn the rate down.

madbean

I would double check your resistor values around the LFO - R31 - R38. Make sure you've used the correct values on each of those. Any subs on Q5? The use of a Cool Audio IC should not be the issue, unless you have not set the jumpers properly per the project doc.

pappasmurfsharem

the chorus works fantastically, The led works too, it just seems a little off. I don't have the pedal here to double check. but I'm fairly certain everything was correct as I tripled checked before soldering,

the only difference would be the 22K attached from the right side of R39 to the LED as per your instructions I'll try to put up a video to show what I mean.