GrindCustoms

Overkilled Madbean Zombii

7715 Germs

Q2: 110hfe 0.06mA leak
Q3: 131hfe 0.03mA leak

Beef Up capacitor swap.

The Brootz!

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

I just tried out the pedal and had a little problem with it, first one to find the mistake gets a free PIF!

She now works perfectly! ;D

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimmybjj

looks great.

one of your i/o wires is connected to ground instead of the tip :)
Pcbs no longer available

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 18, 2012, 10:07:52 AM
looks great.

one of your i/o wires is connected to ground instead of the tip :)

Thanks, yeah.................the deception when you spend all that time on a build........... :-\

Send me your address in pm so i ship you your PiF  ;)

jimmybjj

yep :) i've done that on more than one occasion :)
Pcbs no longer available

juansolo

There's a whole lot of mojo going on right there!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Guybrush

Wow.  I love it!

What's a PIF?  ???

Haberdasher

love the mojo and all the colors!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

That's a cool looking build, Rej.  The cloth covered wire is a nice touch.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

... I'm going to have 'Mojo' by Jimmy Rip stuck in my head now. Thanks  ;)

It's interesting that you soldered the germaniums in, every single other person seems to exclusively socket them. How much of a bugger was the clothcovered wire to work with? I tried using that stuff (leftovers from my amp builds), myself, while I was waiting on #22 or #24 wire on my first pedal, but got fed up with it.

And for how many connections there is, that does look pretty clean.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

bigrigg

Top shelf build man.  I love this pedal.  I made one and it's got soooo many fuzz and whacky sounds.

eldanko

Cloth wiring and blood spatter FTW.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

GrindCustoms

Thanks for the comments guys, this is my second Zombii, the first one i did was with 2N404, this one is more easy to handle and offer a wider variety of «common» fuzz  sound but still being able to get those «Transformers» tone, really like it! :)

Quote from: Guybrush on July 18, 2012, 11:20:59 AM
Wow.  I love it!

What's a PIF?  ???

I don't remember exactly what PIF means, but it's something we do alot on BYOC, the concept being that you send some present to someone and he send you back a present with a similar value, or something that you would need. This time it was a free PIF.....since i made a mistake ;)

Quote from: alanp on July 18, 2012, 01:40:23 PM
... I'm going to have 'Mojo' by Jimmy Rip stuck in my head now. Thanks  ;)

It's interesting that you soldered the germaniums in, every single other person seems to exclusively socket them. How much of a bugger was the clothcovered wire to work with? I tried using that stuff (leftovers from my amp builds), myself, while I was waiting on #22 or #24 wire on my first pedal, but got fed up with it.

And for how many connections there is, that does look pretty clean.

I think most people use sockets so they avoid any chance of overheating the trannies and also to be able to swap them.
When i solder Ge or any trannies in fact, i pre-tin the contact holes on pcb, i then go from Emitter to Base to Collector with a minute or so of wait between each. My iron is set at 390F, so with the pad pre-tinned i don't need to have my iron there for a long time.

I also test every trannie that i install with a Peak Atlas, so i'm sure that they're good to go!

It makes a couple builts that i use clothed wire, but i only use it for the In, Out, FX In and FX Out. I tried to make one completely with clothed but it would have taken another enclosure just for the wiring....hehe

Ribbon cable helps alot to keep stuff clean when alot is going on, i'm slowly getting my hang over it, that ribbon is really small and not tinned..........so it asks alot of preparation but in the end it worth it.

Rej

jimmybjj

Pif = "pay it forward" I think anyway :)
Pcbs no longer available

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 18, 2012, 06:34:38 PM
Pif = "pay it forward" I think anyway :)

Yes Sir Yes!

I just saw my inbox, going to the post office in couple minutes ;)