News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

More Neutrino

Started by MattL, October 25, 2010, 02:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattL

Having been a bit over anxious (as usual) I got the whole neutrino board populated before I noticed that it said the electrolytic caps should be 25V or more. These are 16V and I don't know the voltage on the box caps, or the others. Will it work at all, assuming everything else is right, or should I just count my losses and abort? Matt

maysink

It's okay. You're quite likely to run the pedal @ 9 volts but be certain NOT to run your pedal @ 18 volts or you'll fry the electro caps. Change the caps to 25+ volt rated caps if you ever want to push the pedal with higher voltages. Box and ceramic caps are typically rated much higher than any pedal is ever run.
[nothing to see here]
-e

MattL

I should mention that I'm doing the sunburst version, and am hoping that since the question of voltage looks like it's at the end of the black build that it applies only to that (praying more like!). I'm using the same caps that I've used on all my other projects, none of which called for 25V or more.

MattL

Thank you! I will only be running it at 9 volts.

madbean

16v caps will be fine for almost all the projects, except the Road Rage, Sunking and maybe a couple others. I usually state 25v in the docs just in case someone decides to plug an 18v supply into their circuit and forgets they only have 16v caps :)