News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual RaDverb and Nurse Betty (Rub-a-Dub + Mudbunny content)

Started by juansolo, July 07, 2012, 07:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I wondered what taking a short brick and shoving it into a long would be like. We'll it's kinda cool, it gains a shimmery modulation and sounds like a hooooge room. As you can stomp either, or, or both on this box. I thought I'd label them room for the short, hall for the long and it has a nice picture of a section of York Minster covering both.

This one is supposed to mimic David Gilmour's lead tone on The Wall.

A Skreddy P19 on a Mudbunny board. As usual for Skreddy stuff, it's rather excellent. The switch gives it a mild mid hump (rather than the standard mild scoop), to allow you to cut through in a live situation. It's quite subtle, but it's there.

Why Betty Paige in a nurses outfit? Why not ;-)

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

night-B

Excellent boxes as usual  ;) I'd like to hear that double reverb!

nzCdog

Very nice 8)  You builds always look so clean... literally! 
Be awesome to hear a demo of that verb... and simply... nurse uniform = win :P ;D

lincolnic

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GrindCustoms

Now i know what to do with my 2 CJ «Box Of Hall» pcb! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

juansolo

Thankfully I have no method of recording, so I can't subject you to my lousy playing. I'd say sorry about that, but really, I'm doing you all a favour ;)

eldanko

How's the long brick sound in comparison to your Wet Reverb?  They were both designed by Neunaber, right?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

juansolo

Quote from: eldanko on July 09, 2012, 06:06:57 PM
How's the long brick sound in comparison to your Wet Reverb?  They were both designed by Neunaber, right?

They're quite different, though the long brick RaD can do a good impression of the WET on some of the WET's less extreme settings.

The WET can do full wet with the mix knob all the way over. Plus it can do massive amount of reverb when dimed. The thing with it is unlike a brick with adjustable dwell on it, it doesn't go lo-fi. Burgs did several excellent demos of it, which is essentially what sold me on it. It's a really easy to use, awesome pedal. I highly recommend it.

Really likes being in the loop of my MJW. Bear in mind that the v1 of the pedal is the only one that was rechargable, v2 is mine with a switchable buffer and v3 is the current one that can run at 18v and is more loop friendly. I think the new one might have tails also.

EDIT Yup, some very nice features on the new pedal. Very handy stuff.

For best results crank the res of the demos as the sound is better also.

If you've got a pair of clean amps there's a stereo version that's even funkier as it can be re-flashed as the stereo chorus also. The stereo demo is jawdropping. If you ever wanted proof that it ran DSP, run the stereo demos into a surround processor and it deals with it perfectly. Sounds really, really good.

eldanko

Dagnabit.

I'm a stereo nut and I've been trying to avoid this pedal, as I'm already gear-bloated.  I think that second vid just sold me on it...

juansolo

Quote from: eldanko on July 09, 2012, 06:43:41 PM
Dagnabit.

I'm a stereo nut and I've been trying to avoid this pedal, as I'm already gear-bloated.  I think that second vid just sold me on it...

If it's better than the mono one, and it certainly seems it, it'll be incredible.

juansolo

Cleggy (Marauder) posted up the parts substitutions we used for building a P19 on a Mudbunny board over on BYOC. I thought it'd be useful for anyone wanting to do it here also:

QuoteHere's the values for the P19 on a Mudbunny,  as usual not quite the same, due to the Skreddy split resistor on the output.

R1 1M (no pulldown on Skreddy's)
R2 33K
R3 100K
R4 470K
R5 200R
R6 10K
R7 820R
R8 10K
R9 56K
R10 470K
R11 200R
R12 10K
R13 10K
R14 100K
R15 470K
R16 200R
R17 10K
R18 33K
R19 18K
R20 470K
R21 100K
R22 10K (Original has a 10K+100R with output taken between them)
R23 2K7
R24 100R

C1 68NF
C2 560PF
C3 47NF
C4 100NF
C5 560PF
C6 100NF
C7 100NF
C8 560PF
C9 100NF
C10 6N8
C11 10NF
C12 330NF
C13 100NF
C14 100UF
C15 100NF
C16 2NF (not on board, between 3+2 of sustain pot)
C17 6N8 (not on board, flat or hump switch, in parallel with C10, raising value to 13N6 giving a mid hump)
C18 560pf (not on board, across 1+3 of volume pot)

D1,D2,D3,D4 1N4148
D5 1N4001

Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4 BC550C

Sustain B100K
Tone B50K
Volume A100K

atreidesheir

^^^^^^^^^^THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  :D ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

eldanko

I really do not need an excuse to build another Muff.

And yet you just gave me one.

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.

Grrrrr.   ;D