News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SCORE! Some Marshall amp footswitches for enclosures

Started by sgmezei, June 23, 2012, 09:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

So I was at my local music store and they asked if I was interested in some old switches that they didn't have the amps for anymore. I of course said yes because who turns down cheap parts. They brought me a box full of brand new amp footswitches!!!

So I know some have these board mounted little boss type switches but some have DPDT stomps that I can use.

Also two adapters!

If you need one of these let me know! I don't know if they are for a specific unit or not.

I am planning on just gutting them and using them for pedal enclosures (couple loop switches and such). If you have one of the amps that uses one of these, and need a footswitch, let me know. I have too many but couldn't pass up a good deal.

Also, if you have any other cool ideas let me know.

mgwhit

It's a shame where they put that logo.  One of those Marshall foot switches would rule with a Boneyard in it.

lincolnic

Curious if that Marshall power supply would work with a Line 6 DL4...it says "9VAC 1200 mA minimum" by the power jack, and the adapter is 1.5A. Any idea if the extra .3 amps would hurt the pedal?

lincolnic

Upon further research, it looks like the official Line 6 adaptor is 2000 mA, so a 1.5A power supply would probably be fine if the pedal asks for 1.2A minimum. What are the dimensions of the plug on that Marshall adaptor? Any idea if it's outputting AC or DC?

redbean

I could use a foot switch for my Roland AC-60. It has two inputs for double foot switches (stereo 1/4" plugs). Would one of those work?
es là-bas!!

LaceSensor

sweet!

probably the marshall screen print can be removed somehow.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

Quote from: mgwhit on June 23, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
It's a shame where they put that logo.  One of those Marshall foot switches would rule with a Boneyard in it.

If those two-button Marshall switches are like the one I had, there's plenty of room to put a Boneyard in there with the pots facing forward (away from the guy stomping the thing). Put the boost on a toggle and you're in business! Would love to see something like that....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

sgmezei

Quote from: lincolnic on June 24, 2012, 03:39:47 AM
Upon further research, it looks like the official Line 6 adaptor is 2000 mA, so a 1.5A power supply would probably be fine if the pedal asks for 1.2A minimum. What are the dimensions of the plug on that Marshall adaptor? Any idea if it's outputting AC or DC?

The Marshall is DC and is about the same size as a one spot. It is small.

Edit: I just looked it up and it is for a small battery powered marshall amp. Like a little hip belt kind of one I believe. Lunch box sized

sgmezei

Quote from: redbean on June 24, 2012, 04:19:04 AM
I could use a foot switch for my Roland AC-60. It has two inputs for double foot switches (stereo 1/4" plugs). Would one of those work?

Hmm I am not sure. Your AC-60 runs two stereo cables to the footswitch? I know only one of these footswitches uses a TRS stereo cable.

9Lives

the marshall logo actually comes of very easy. I wouldn't mind having a couple of those if you sell. Good find man.

lincolnic

Quote from: sgmezei on June 24, 2012, 06:32:38 PM
The Marshall is DC and is about the same size as a one spot. It is small.

Thanks, but what I actually meant was the dimensions of the plug - the part that actually plugs into the pedal. If it's the same size as the regular Line 6 adaptor, I may be interested in taking that guy off your hands!