News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeydripper Power Issues

Started by BatmanSandwich, June 20, 2012, 10:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BatmanSandwich

I finished building my honeydripper exactly to specifications, and I'm having trouble getting it to go. All plugged in and turned on, I'm getting no voltage across the 18v, 10v and 5v outs in the power supply. I used all the correct zener diodes and the LT1054 I used was brand new, so I really can't figure out where I'm going wrong.... Also, looking at the schematic, the 9.1v diode at D12 seems puzzling. What is it supposed to do? All I can see that doing is draining your battery super fast..

Thanks in advance  :D

trickpony

I believe it is regulating your voltage, if under 9.1V path is closed and the cap gets charged. If over the excess will go to ground.

Are you sure you have it oriented the correct way? Are you getting 9V at pin 8 of the 1054?

mgwhit

D12 is just maintaining the incoming voltage at 9.1V or less (instead of the usual ~9.5V that you tend to get from a wall wart).

If you're not getting any of those voltages, you've either got a wiring problem, a bad component or an incorrectly oriented component in the power section.  Are you at least getting 9.1V on pin 8 of your LT1054?  Good photos always help.  Good luck!