News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A New Squeeze

Started by alanp, June 13, 2012, 08:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I've had a spare Cupcake PCB lying around ever since I ordered two originally by mistake. Since using my first Cupcake build, I've found I don't touch the Sustain knob I put in on a pot much. Plus it looked a little bit clunky. So, with the spare PCB as an excuse, and the usage findings as "reasons"...

Smallbear had run out of the generic "germanium diodes" I used in the first build, so I socketed in a 1n270. I didn't order one of DuctTapeRiot's lit pot daughterboards, so used heatshrink and electrical tape instead ;D (Ever since ordering a bunch of multicolour wire from Smallbear, I've gone with light colour wire for the dry signal, and blue-ish wire for the wet signal, just to keep it visually clean. The brown wire for ground is cos I still have a roll of the stuff to use up.)

I reckon it looks a little bit tidier, too. Sorry for the dimness of the gutshot. I went with indian ink and clearcoat for the artwork. It's fun, but it tends to pool on glossy paint, and I still haven't got my hand in as far as brushwork goes.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

You've got quite a production line humming along there Alan...
Some of us are getting jealous of your prolific pedal spawning ;)