News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 new beans

Started by juansolo, June 10, 2012, 10:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

A LaVache and Fat Pants in the same enclosure to save on parts. But I also had a sneaking suspicion they might work well together, and indeed they do.

A Boneyard built using the suggested part substitutions from the original single sided project. Then further simplified by the fitting of just the hi-gain pot and no boost. I just liked it better this way. However it seems to be prone to squealing when all three knobs are cranked which the original didn't do. Not sure why, but they sound the same back-to-back and I never crank everything anyhow.

Madbean Collosalus. Flange-tastic

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Man, those all look great.

Do you design the artwork yourself or dig up photos elsewhere?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

bigrigg

Just stellar.  Very pro indeed.  Love the stretched out Eddie! Thanks

alanp

So pro...

Had to doubletake for a moment, thought it might have been Mick on the guitar for once!

Do you have any 'rules' about when you use IC sockets, or sockets for diodes or transistors?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

That first graphic is super creepy. :)

Also, the Eddie made me lol.

nzCdog

I always love your graphics mate... very nice

pryde

Dude you builds are always just top notch.

That first graphic is the coolest

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on June 10, 2012, 11:11:02 PM

They tend to get dug up on the internet. This is a particularly good site for them. Otherwise it's google. Appropriate fonts I tend to get from here.

Sometimes they're a couple (or more) combined or they're extracted/manipulated in some way. For example the boneyard is two pics. Girl on the right came from a steampunk photo with Zeppelins in it, but it wouldn't fit the enclosure, the other was a desert scape with airships. I only had about an hour to get all that sorted one morning so it's a bit random. I did something similar with the pic I did for Marauder's Storm themed current lover.

The Malleus one's I've done recently are all cut from band promo posters as another example.

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on June 11, 2012, 12:45:20 AM
So pro...

Had to doubletake for a moment, thought it might have been Mick on the guitar for once!

Do you have any 'rules' about when you use IC sockets, or sockets for diodes or transistors?

If it's stuff I'm doing for others I try to socket as little as possible. It's just more secure that way as I have no idea how rough they're going to be with it.

For my builds I tend to socket the more difficult to get hold of/expensive parts. Or if it's a pedal I'm likely to experiment with (muffs for example) where changes in tranny/diode are known to tweak the sound in some way. Though to be fair, when I've made my mind up these days I tend to solder them in anyhow.

slimtriggers

Are you using Photoshop or Gimp or something else to scale your images?  I can never seem to scale things without some pixelization.  Yours always look so sharp.  What's the secret?

juansolo

Never start with anything less than 1024x768 in res (even that can be a little low). The higher the better. I also tend to adjust the contrast/brightness/tone of images so they pop out more when put on pedals. Oh and make sure you've got all the colour settings right so what you see on your screen is what you get on your printer. Which is a royal pain in the butt to do, and I wasted a lot of paper getting it right. But once it's done, it's worth it.

I use Photoshop mainly because that's all I've ever used and I have half an idea what I'm doing with it. I'm too old to learn something else ;)

Jurassic

Quote from: juansolo on June 10, 2012, 10:35:13 PM
A LaVache and Fat Pants in the same enclosure to save on parts. But I also had a sneaking suspicion they might work well together, and indeed they do.

Damn... I'm also building a Fatpants/LaVache-combo! :) Nice to know that they work together well!

Haberdasher

Great work as always.  The art on the boneyard is so trippy and that VH decal kills me, I love it all!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on June 11, 2012, 07:22:17 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on June 10, 2012, 11:11:02 PM

They tend to get dug up on the internet. This is a particularly good site for them. Otherwise it's google. Appropriate fonts I tend to get from here.

Sometimes they're a couple (or more) combined or they're extracted/manipulated in some way. For example the boneyard is two pics. Girl on the right came from a steampunk photo with Zeppelins in it, but it wouldn't fit the enclosure, the other was a desert scape with airships. I only had about an hour to get all that sorted one morning so it's a bit random. I did something similar with the pic I did for Marauder's Storm themed current lover.

The Malleus one's I've done recently are all cut from band promo posters as another example.

Thanks for the tips.  Good info.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Hangingmonkey

Awesome, love the EVH decal!