News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dwarfcraft devices kits

Started by night-B, June 09, 2012, 04:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

I found today that dwarfcraft devices are now selling kits for the great destroyer fuzz and robot devil octave fuzz.
The robot devil has predrilled enclosure and a label artwork sticker to put on it.
I wasn't able to decide wich one to order so I took both  ::)
http://www.dwarfcraft.com/shop

nzCdog

Hey cool... they do some crazy sounding pedals... I wonder if they will release more kits?

night-B

First time buying a full kit since my first stompbox... I feel like a noob lol

nzCdog

plesur

I like this (quoted from their website)

QuoteThe next time you see some asshole selling clones for $100, tell him to eat shit, cause you just got a legit kit!

nzCdog

juansolo

I can see a lot more of them doing this (Catalinbread already do). Mainly as a if you can't beat 'em, join 'em kind of thing. Not really my thing, but better than the alternative of them being assholes about it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

night-B

Dwarfcraft devices creator is on the ilovefuzz forum, name's aen. He is really friendly and easy to talk to. Not the king of guy trying to put so much hype on his builds ... Really cool circuit designs!
I've seen some of his first sold pedals gutshots on FSB and they had sloppy wiring, floating board wrapped in electrical tape etc... Feels like not so much reliability. I prefer to build em myself using these kits. Think they are not overpriced.

Bret608

He also makes some of the funniest demo videos of all time! Plus he's a Wisconsin resident like myself (even though I'm a transplant).

rps-10

Quote from: nzCdog on June 12, 2012, 05:57:36 AM
Hey cool... they do some crazy sounding pedals... I wonder if they will release more kits?

Our Old Pal Aen is planning a Shiva kit as well soon or so I read on another forum he visits. (He posts on a few forums but his "official"  Dwarfcraft residence is ilovefuzz)

Also I wouldn't worry too much about the current Dwarfcraft build quality, they are all done on pro PCB and mounted properly now. I think some of his pedals even have SMT components now.

His demos just get better and better  ;D

edit>> He did 20 Shiva kits last month, they sold out pretty quick

Guybrush

I've not come across these guys before.  The pedals sound bloody brilliant.  I hope the do kits for the Internet overdrive and Eau Claire Thunder.

night-B

I really dig the eau claire too! Think I'll add a feedback momentary switch to one of my fuzz to give it a try :)

culturejam

Quote from: juansolo on June 12, 2012, 11:03:50 AM
I can see a lot more of them doing this (Catalinbread already do). Mainly as a if you can't beat 'em, join 'em kind of thing. Not really my thing, but better than the alternative of them being assholes about it.

Yep, it's a smart move. Guys are going to build clones, so you might as well get out in front of it and make some cash as well.

Can you imagine if Analogman made a King of Tone kit? Holy shit that thing would sell.  :D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

mgwhit

Quote from: culturejam on June 14, 2012, 03:37:43 PM
Can you imagine if Analogman made a King of Tone kit? Holy shit that thing would sell.  :D

Depends.  How long is the waiting list?  ;)

night-B