News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

i need a luthier!!!!!!

Started by Guitafuzz, May 22, 2012, 08:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitafuzz

Appreciate it if anyone knows where I can send my guitar to repair, this will pass on Sunday. ??? :o :(

tenwatt

Where do you live?  It's REALLY not that tough of a fix if you want to take it on yourself.  A few dow pins, some wood glue, and some clamps and you're set.
Not too bright....

pryde

You can fix that yourself pretty easily. Very common break for gibson/epiphones.

You have a clean-looking break overall. Do this:

1. Get a few small wood clamps and a small container of Tightbond wood glue
2, spead glue evenly on both surfaces, dont worry to much about a little squeeze out
3. Clamp solidly with about 3 small c-clamps or wood clamps, put some wood shims between the guitar and clamp to avoid indentations on the guitar.
4. let dry for 2 days, scrape/chip off the extra squeeze out.
5. String it up to pitch and play good and hard for a while to make sure it is stable.

If so, then there are ways to finish/repair the crack lines, etc. but do the above first.

Good luck

GermanCdn

Yeah, you should be able to fix that one yourself pretty easily.  One thing to add to the instructions above would be to wrap your wood shims in wax paper before you clamp everything up.  It will prevent the shims from sticking to the head stock, and it will keep the glue on the outside from drying, making clean up post clamping a lot easier.  Learned that after one too many sanding jobs when I used to build guitars (see, I'm scaling back the size of my projects, that's progress, right?).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jball85

thats like watching a slow mo replay of a running back biffing his ankle