News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Mooseknuckler (Devi Ever Shoegazer)

Started by irmcdermott, May 19, 2012, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

First off.... I did not pick the name of this pedal :) And apologies to any who may be offended. The person that I built this for picked the name, I found that graphic on some website for a bowling league in Colorado :)

I did the pcb layout myself using the schematics that Devi has posted on FSB and her forum. I'll work on a build doc and throw it in the members projects if people are interested. The way I did the PCB was that I gave each circuit (Torn's Peaker and Soda Meiser), it's own power and grounds, but spaced the board mounted pots so that you could etch one board to build it like I have it here, or just one circuit independently in it's own box.

One little quirk that I wasn't able to fix was that when the "Tear" control of the Torn's Peaker is at either extreme, it feedbacks like a banshee when you stop playing. Just move the pot a little in either direction from the extreme and its fine.

I powder coated the box in my favorite color, Columbia Coatings Dormant Sparkle Copper, and the decal was done in Inkscape and printed on waterslides.

Here's some pics.

bigrigg

Nice.  Love that colour and you could see that logo on a shirt at the bowling alley for sure.  lol
Would love a build doc, one sided etch print if possible.  Thanks and congrats

calciferspit

niceness. I seem to remember a fix for the TP problem. It was something like a 1k resistor across 2 lugs of the pot, or a 1k from a lug to ground.

Bret608

I like this! It's pretty cool that some builders will put their schems out there for folks to see. I tend to like the crazy fuzzes so this is up my alley.