Main Menu

I think I have a problem...

Started by raulduke, May 17, 2012, 09:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Quote from: culturejam on May 17, 2012, 05:30:03 PM
Quote from: gtr2 on May 17, 2012, 12:51:14 PM
pcb coasters for all the guests!   ;D

I've almost done this several times. Not for wedding guests, mind you, but just for having around the house.

I was thinking of doing a design with several decent-sized drill holes. Then backing one side with thick stick-on felt. This would allow it to absorb the condensation from cold drinks in the summer. Without the holes and something to wick the condensate, PCBs would be crappy coasters, unless it was just for things like coffee/hot tea.

But it's kinda pricey. They'd end up costing about $15-$18 each. Not sure I want one that bad.  ;D

You have thought about this !

Hey did you ever post your beer mandles on here?
John

raulduke

Quote from: jubal81 on May 17, 2012, 04:11:50 PM
I have a feeling any extras would be bought up pretty quickly 'round these parts.  ;)

C'mon, fill us in on what you've worked up.

In the latest batch there is:

-> A variant on the ROG Peppermill. A Mu-Amp JFet stage (lifted from the DLS) with the MOSFET driving it. I also stuck the SWTC on the end (like the DLS). This one will have a lot of sockets to let me tweak stuff.

-> A discrete baxandall EQ. Basically a tweaked version of the JFet Buffer -> Passive Baxandall EQ -> Tweaked LPB1 that was posted on the forum a while ago. I've tweaked the values etc. to get something I think sounds cool on my rig.

-> Escobedo's MS20 filter. I put diodes in the resonance feedback path, which I'll socket.

-> Voltage Doubler. 9V -> 18V (just like the roadrage).

-> State Variable Filter. LP,BP, HP outputs.

All good stuff. I've started getting into building my own filters to run loops from my DAW through; good squelchy fun!

Who knows, I might add some PCB Coasters to the next batch (or maybe not  ;))!