News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard POP on Boost

Started by soonerrob, May 17, 2012, 12:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerrob

Hey guys, just finished up my Boneyard build... everything seems to be working perfectly except that my Boost pops loudly when being both engaged and disengaged...

I installed the BOOST 3PDT switch under the 1590BB part of the docs.. I used a A100K pot with 22k resistors on the pot and the switch.

I installed the RPD @ 2.2M which did not remedy the issue.

This happens both in and out of the box... no part subs.

any clue what could be causing this?

k.rock!

Got the same issue and asked the same question over here, in case somebody answers over there:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5016.msg45181#msg45181

I'll post any solutions that work for me as well :)

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

oldhousescott

Try reinstalling R9 with a value of 470k or 510k. Connect the switch leads to the R9 resistor legs.

Beedoola

Quote from: oldhousescott on June 14, 2012, 12:45:46 AM
Try reinstalling R9 with a value of 470k or 510k. Connect the switch leads to the R9 resistor legs.

Bumping this, I'm having the same issue.

Old; are you saying install a resistor back into PCb and have each respective wire also connect to the PCb with the resistor?

oldhousescott

Yes, have both a resistor in place and the wires going to the switch. When the switch is changing positions, there is a moment when there is no feedback around that opamp stage and it could conceivably cause the opamp to hit a PS rail. Installing a resistor in R9 will limit the max gain during the momentary state, but it has to be large enough to not greatly affect the two switch position values, hence the recommendation for ~500k.

Beedoola

I don't know if it makes much difference but I put a 470k across the middle lugs of the switch; the wires from these lugs go to the PCB; I was too lazy to take the pedal apart to put the resistor on the PCb. Seems to have solved the issue!

Thanks.

oldhousescott

Yes, that will do the same thing, and is a much easier way to implement the fix. Glad it worked for you.

altoaragon

I have the same problem....I try with the 470k resistor in R9 but the pop is still there.....Could you help me?

Thank you very much.